Two practical application for your big dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jenom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Your BUD could be used for other practical purposes, here are two of my favorites:

1) Use it as a roof for your Gazebo
2)Make it a Solar cooker

Attachments

• Gazebo.jpg
    Gazebo.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 221
  • Solar_Cooking.jpg
    Solar_Cooking.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 202
jenom said:
Your BUD could be used for other practical purposes, here are two of my favorites:

1) Use it as a roof for your Gazebo
2)Make it a Solar cooker

Neat design on the "cookhorn" on number 2! Or maybe you can still call it a feed horn? Slophorn? Dinnerhorn? Supperhorn?

That is blasphemus to the worst degree. Especially the dumbasses who leave their BUDs in the middle of a hurricane. I couldn't believe what they did at the Elk's lodge across the road from me. They just let that thing sit out in the middle of Hurricane Wilma.

Plus, I saw another BUD sitting on top of a Brazillian restaurant without a feedhorn. I'm gonna get a hold of these people and help them remove their dishes if they don't use em.

What to do with a BUD? How about get a FTA receiver or an analog receiver and watch some TV with it? Forget solor things, bird baths etc...

at least they didn't use a bud mesh dish to strain crawfish for a crawfish boil.:)

I obtained a 10 foot fiberglass dish that's been warped from 25 years of exposure and snowload, no longer any good for receiving. I'm thinking about plugging the holes and using it as a large birdbath, with a fountain pump and maybe some goldfish in the summer. Possibly mounting a 30 inch Ku in the middle as a perch. Another project on the list. Have fun.

My wife has been wanting me to use a 10' fiberglass BUD i have as a roof for a gazebo for a couple of years. So far i have been able to resist her wishes....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)