Two questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
1. If I were to buy a brand new dish network smart card, load it into a fta receiver that does smart cards, call dish and activate the smart card, could I subscribe to dish network?

2. How long does it take a fta receiver to blind scan all satellites?

1. If I were to buy a brand new dish network smart card, load it into a fta receiver that does smart cards, call dish and activate the smart card, could I subscribe to dish network?

Simple answer no. They will not activate it in a receiver that is not owned by them.
Most FTA receivers card slots are for different encryption formats than what Dish Network uses.
(I know that the Pansat 3500 is for Conax (Used in Europe))

2. How long does it take a fta receiver to blind scan all satellites?

It depends on the speed of the receiver and the settings (If applicable). (Detailed scan vs. Fast Scan)
Also some receivers like the Coolsat 5000 or 6000 can blind search all the satellites with one command, but with the Pansat 3500 the user must scan each satellite individually, so if you leave the FTA receiver it will wait until you get back to tell it what to do :rolleyes:.

and depends on how many satellites you want it to scan. I usually let my 5000 scan 72,74,79 at one round. And it takes maybe 10 minutes

The Pansat 1500 I have?.....if you started drinking beers when you hit go and scan a C-Band satellite, you'd be drunk before it's done...thing is S L O W but accurate

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)