Two satellite signals on home coax?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I took pics while the house was being built but of course, don't have any that show the ducts. Oh well, I know there's no flexible stuff so I'll give that a shot as soon as I get a chance.

Yes, I often make my own cables and terminations. I've done this before when I didn't have an alternative.
For long runs, it can introduce noise and weird problems but for short runs, you're right, that should work just fine.
Only 4 wires of the 8 are being used in each cable.

If this would work, it's definitely the simpler solution.
Then I could output HD from my main switcher onto this extender connection to the TV via CAT cable.

While you can successfully 'split' a Cat5 cable to run 2 ethernet devices I suspect that the HDMI over Cat5 adapters use all 8 wires in each of the 2 Cat5 cables they require. I use these types of adapters successfully for HDMI and component signals.

You can decide to use the Cat5 for your HDMI needs and use something else to get your ethernet upstairs like a wireless bridge, Powerline AV, etc..

Haven't found a way to get a wire all the way to the basement yet but found a single cat5 extender that does a combo, either component+LR audio or component+digital audio or LR Audio+Video.
Seems to work fine so far, very nice and clear component signals from a switcher I've connected things to. Still want to find a path through the duct work though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.