Two things- Generic IPTV box and Zinwell ZIN-5005HD

neftv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
PA USA
I am asking couple different things. If anyone has insight please respond.
1) I was wondering if anyone has the Zinwell ZIN-5005HD. If there is a chance that there new firmware for it or third party firmware for it? It seems that Zinwell has release the source code for it and it be nice to take this baby to the next step. Another question I have is how do you make Widgets for this unit?
2) Is there such a thing as an IPTV box that is not tied to any service that can have a web interface on TV? I like to put in my own credentials to a web based IPTV service I subscribe to which is greekiptv. They use Silverlight player but they do have WMP feeds too. Or any IPTV box that has Silverlight built in that can use a simple remote control and watch direct to TV? I don't know what is out there in terms of IPTV boxes except ones tied to a service.

I did recently build an ITX mini PC Gigabyte D525 4gig DDR3 ram, I have it running on windows 7 pro. Any way to transform that to use my IPTV service?
I seen the software like Boxee and Tversity. Tversity does allow you to place streaming links in the software but not subscription based links. Then there is how to handle Silverlght and flash live feeds like from Livestream.

I got one of these zinwell boxes it kinda cool got one for $35 clearance takes a while for the video channels to pop in when they work but you can"t change channels or nothin til it cycle though the radio seems to work faster but over all not bad sometimes videos plays for 30 mins sometimes longer til it stop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)