Typical BUD guy!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

esteveW

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Western WA
After becoming involved (more and more) 8 months ago, I'm looking around and wondering if this is typical for a Newbie or should I look forward to more of the same. Here is what I now observe.

One Bud on the one post I have planted. This being the second to occupy that 'elevated' position. First one is on the ground with weeds growing around and thru it.

Two more BUDs waiting for me to determine the best view for post #2 and #3.

A full length (170ft) of cable snaking across my lawn and thru the patio door and across my den floor to the equipment rack. The dish is only about 60 ft away but why cut cable when you don't know how much you will need when you get around to running it under the house.

Sitting in various piles in the living room and den are 8 analog and one 4DTV receivers, under evaluation and matching to the proper remote. Plus 3 commercial subscription boxes, one of which I do subscribe.

Then there is the equipment rack that has two analog receivers and one SideCar. However this rack hasn't been back against the wall for over 3 weeks. Cables and power cords hanging in no order or method. :eek:

In my video cabinet the HD TV sits at an angle, most of the time, with a drop lite behind so I can see my connections. The FTA and DN receivers are similarly twisted around for access.

Then there are various piles of remotes that should control some receiver if I can remember which. And by my recliner there are now 5 remotes that it takes to control my 'Domain'

In case your wonder; There isn't a "Mrs." around here. Hence "MY Domain":p

Just wonder or suspecting how others live with this Hobby.

Steve :D
(I always love this Smile. Reminds me of my ever smiling 3 YO Grand Son)

Attachments

• P1010032.JPG
    P1010032.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 160
  • P1010031.JPG
    P1010031.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 173
  • P1010030.JPG
    P1010030.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 172
  • P1010029.JPG
    P1010029.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 158
  • P1010028.JPG
    P1010028.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 160
  • P1010027.JPG
    P1010027.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 153
Reminds me of a recent thread I started with "how much have you spent on FTA?" I don't think it ever ends. Just when I think I'm done and I have everything just like I want it...BAM another idea pops in my head. I know my wife is frustrated with what started with only one dish...oh well she's frustrated by 99% of what I do anyway. I enjoy messing with the stuff though....hours in the yard tinkering gives one piece of mind...Ah solitude on the dish farm. Blind

Just rereading my OP and remembered that the House Keeper comes to day. Gotta pick of some of the cable off the floor and stack all the extra receivers in the corner.

Damn, there is a woman in my Domain.

Steve

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)