Typical monthly fees and taxes/ gift card offer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ninjadave

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
Johnstown PA
Looking to switch to Dtv what is typical fee and tax and surcharges on monthly bill? My current cable bill has $22 in those on $208 base charge for Tivo package - Atlantic BB

When you go thru the quotes they don't quote those.

Also current deal is $250 gift card is that all I can get or other discounts can be wrapped with that as new subscriber ?

Thanks for any info.

Dave

Taxes are based on local city, county, and states sales tax.

If there is a $250 gift card, it is on top of all of the other 12 month / 24 month discounts.

Right now the only monthly offer is 10 a month for first 12 months - I live in Pa what is the Typical charge for taxes and such on top of the monthly bill ? I know it won't be exact but it can't be that diff in the state or between states can it? Thanks for the info

Looking to switch to Dtv what is typical fee and tax and surcharges on monthly bill? My current cable bill has $22 in those on $208 base charge for Tivo package - Atlantic BB

When you go thru the quotes they don't quote those.

Also current deal is $250 gift card is that all I can get or other discounts can be wrapped with that as new subscriber ?

Thanks for any info.

Dave

Dave,
Each receiver carries a $6.50 monthly charge, this is true for every STB. DirecTV has a Monthly DVR Fee and it you wish a Whole Home DVR FEE. If you get a Genie all those fees are included in the Monthly Genie Charge.

If you go to Directv.com, it shows that there's an offer for a $200 Visa gift card on top of the national offer if you get Choice or above..

For example, if you get Choice with 3 receivers and add auto bill pay, then you'll be paying:

$29.99 for Choice
$15/mo for Advanced Receiver Service
$6.50/mo x 3 for the receivers
$2.14 RSN fee
+ tax

Subtotal: $66.63
Tax rate of 6.00%..

Rough estimate just over $68 (based on JUST city sales tax, could be more from state and county.

Copy & Paste of the billing:

• First Month’s Bill
    (You will not need to pay this today.)
  • $66.63
    View 24-month billing

• Base Package
  • Edit
  • CHOICE See Commitment Agreement
  • $70.99
  • Regional Sports Fee
  • $2.14
  • $31 Bill Credit for Months 1-12
  • -$31.00
  • Extra $10 Bill Credit for Months 1-12
  • -$10.00
  • Add-on Packages
  • Edit
  • HBO®, SHOWTIME®, STARZ and Cinemax®
    Remove
  • $59.96
  • NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2015 Season: Included with your base package
    Remove
  • $0.00
  • NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2016 Season: Included with your base package
    Remove
  • $0.00
  • FREE for 3 months: HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ and Cinemax
  • -$50.99
  • Watch More Save More
  • -$8.97
  • Equipment Fees
  • Edit
  • Advanced Receiver Service
  • $15.00
  • TVs (3 TVs)
  • $19.50

If you go to Directv.com, it shows that there's an offer for a $200 Visa gift card on top of the national offer if you get Choice or above..

For example, if you get Choice with 3 receivers and add auto bill pay, then you'll be paying:

$29.99 for Choice
$15/mo for Advanced Receiver Service
$6.50/mo x 3 for the receivers
$2.14 RSN fee
+ tax

Subtotal: $66.63
Tax rate of 6.00%..

Rough estimate just over $68 (based on JUST city sales tax, could be more from state and county.
Doesn't that $15 ARS include the recvr fee in it ?
If so he'd have 2 recvrs at $6.50

Wow, you would think it would seeing it essentially is lumping all the fees together.

The services used to be itemized, but has never actually included the receiver fee. When ARS was initially introduced, the primary receiver was still waived, but the extras were $6/mo. Last year in July, it changed to where HD wasn't included (hence the $15/mo instead of $25/mo), but the customer was charged for the primary receiver at the rate of additional receivers.

Thanks for the info guys I was really looking for the taxes and any surcharges or other fees cable bill has franchise fees, sales tax, local tv surcharge and sports fee - I know there is the whole home fee of $15 and the fee for the units $6.50 they do include that in quote but cable tax and surcharge sh*t fees are nearly 10% of total bill was just wondering if Dtv had the same seems like only sales tax and sports fee then no local channel fee. Thanks

Thanks for the info guys I was really looking for the taxes and any surcharges or other fees cable bill has franchise fees, sales tax, local tv surcharge and sports fee - I know there is the whole home fee of $15 and the fee for the units $6.50 they do include that in quote but cable tax and surcharge sh*t fees are nearly 10% of total bill was just wondering if Dtv had the same seems like only sales tax and sports fee then no local channel fee. Thanks
Correct.

Reactions: harmlesslyfatal
Right, Directv (and probably Dish too) doesn't have the same surcharges as cable companies for whatever reason.

Not sure if the surcharges fall into the cable portion or if they fall into the actually landline, which is the more likely case, since some companies, like Windstream, require you to have a landline if you have internet. That forces the landline surcharge on you even if you don't want the landline, you're required to pay it. Not sure if this can be seen as a direct comparison, but a comparison nonetheless.

There can be very big differences in taxes paid from area to area. For instance, the taxes paid in Florida, will be different than in New Mexico, and the taxes paid in New York will be different than Az. Also, different areas tax different things. Some areas have no sales tax on the programming, but then tax things like dvr service and receiver fees. Taxes can seriously range from $0.15-$23. There is no way to really give you an estimate without knowing your city, state and county tax codes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts