U213 In The Wild

So is anyone else having this issue after Hopper W/ Sling upgrade to Carbon UI that was forced on me??

The receiver again got real slow and crashed last night while recording Prime Time + we were watching a show off of the DVR. Is this common for these Hopper with slings to do this after the Carbon UI upgrade? Kind of stinks because then you miss like 5 minutes of shows as it reboots and goes through the start up process.

Not going to be happy with this if this is "normal operating procedure" or will be fixed "soon".

Used a smaller antenna in the house that does not work as well as the outdoor one. Scanned less channels and now it worked!!! Yah!!!

Ok, what crazy coder did not think of this and code correctly OR why have they not put a message in the Scan window before you start a scan OR more importantly, why have they not put this in their computers for poor sacks like me that call in????? I have called in to Dish twice for this, am in contact with Dirt here, and had a tech out to the house on Sunday to fix another issue and asked them and NONE of them had a clue about this!

So glad this site exists so that I can get results!!!

Glad you got it working. Please be sure to let the DIRT people know how you fixed it so they can pass the info up the chain.

why have they not put this in their computers for poor sacks like me that call in????? I have called in to Dish twice for this
"Support" from regular Dish support channels is pretty much non-existent when it comes to OTA-related issues, questions, etc. Trust me - they will blame the TV stations for the problem you encountered !! :p

So got tired and gave up on trying to get the new Carbon UI to work reliably and smoothly (without major slow downs or outright crashes some days and other days works just fine) on my HWS and am upgrading to H3 this weekend.

What words of wisdom or list of know issues could I read ahead of time to make sure I have a better experience with this upgrade? ;-)

thanks!

So got tired and gave up on trying to get the new Carbon UI to work reliably and smoothly (without major slow downs or outright crashes some days and other days works just fine) on my HWS and am upgrading to H3 this weekend.

What words of wisdom or list of know issues could I read ahead of time to make sure I have a better experience with this upgrade? ;-)

thanks!
Definitely let us know the results.

Welp, got my H3 this weekend. Wow, what an improvement in speed and stability over the HWS referb I had! Like comparing a golf cart to a sports car as far as performance and response to commands. Now I have no way to know if the HWS referb I got had other issues since it loaded the new Carbon GUI as soon as I got it but glad to see it go!

Only thing I could NOT get to work is all of my timers from the HWS to the H3 by remote backup. Would get about 1/2 way through the process and lock up. The tech was there when I tried it the first time and he acted like it has never worked when you upgrade so maybe it is not supposed to? Not sure. I made sure he did not load the new remoted, just load the old one that had the back up on it but no go. Had to spend Sunday recreating as many timers as I could remember so for sure I missed something with my memory :)

Did get my antenna channels and external HD working without any issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts