U213 In The Wild

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Lucky you. I run a fairly simple setup, but have both connected via wired Ethernet.
Why do you have them both ethernet?
Why don't you try using one ethernet, and enable bridging.
Your other Hopper will probably work better.

But I do want to add, I can't share Custom folders between Hoppers either.
That's my other DVR issue.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Why do you have them both ethernet?
Why don't you try using one ethernet, and enable bridging.
Your other Hopper will probably work better.

But I do want to add, I can't share Custom folders between Hoppers either.
That's my other DVR issue.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I have a diplexor setup on one feeding a non HD TV. I may pull it out and see if it helps.

So I removed the diplexors, disconnected the wire on one hopper and have the hopper with the Ethernet bridging turned on (the one w/out Ethernet bridging turned off). A recording worked, and for now dvr files haven't started migrating.
My fingers are crossed.

I am getting Complete Signal Loss repeatedly on my H2. Clear Sunny Day. I get a Complete Signal Loss Screen (015A) with a Troubleshoot Button. Click on Troubleshoot and I get Error (1283) Application not found. If I wait a few minutes it comes back, but the signal loss comes back eventually. Did a hard reboot last night and it stayed up for 24 hours, but just got it again (Sunny Day).

I noticed it on my Joey's at first where it came up with a message of loss of communication with Hopper. I am guessing it is all related.

The new UI is definitely slower. I have to count my clicks in the guide to make sure I don't pass up the channel I want to get to because it is slow. Not happy. I think this is how dish is going to sell H3s

Yes it looks like the Mini Guide, and Channel recall .

And yes when I exit, I get no picture just audio.
I found that if I bring up the PIP menu that this restores my picture (at least on the H3). It might work on the HWS as well.

Reactions: Troch77
I have to Honesty say, I've never had these timers issues and Duplicate recordings across my Hoppers.
The only thing close to Recording issues, is just the lack of PTA sharing between Hoppers.
That's it.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
What is PTA?

This one seems pretty good. Done a bit of timer management and so far nothing has ended up in the wrong order or deleted.

1st, the screen goes black with only audio after exiting apps still.
On our Joey, I actually see the opposite. I get video but no audio for ~10 seconds.

And it seems overall guide navigation is sluggish.
On the Hopper, I can't say I've noticed this, but on the slow-ass Joey v1, it is set to start with the new "Home" screen but apparently there's a timeout where it returns to a channel after "x" seconds. I turn the Joey on, have a blank screen for a few seconds, then it draws the top button bar and some surrounding elements, and then eventually shows the full "Home" menu. Within ~5 seconds, it goes to the channel. I think if you start navigating around the menu quick enough, it will remain in the "Home" menu but I can't say for sure.

I am getting the black screen. The hopper doesn't respond for a few minutes. Seems to happen when I skip back and forth during a recording.its getting very annoying.

LOL, Well I want to get it because I'm hoping it will fix the issue where my two HWS' keep moving recordings from one Hopper to the other.

Gay Hoppers?

I might get a timer set on HWS 2 by HWS 1 but haven't noticed any actual movement. I can still see that program on HWS 2 in the HWS 1 list. On both, actually.

LOL, Well I want to get it because I'm hoping it will fix the issue where my two HWS' keep moving recordings from one Hopper to the other.

I got that to stop by turning off Ethernet on one of the 2 HWS, and just using the MOCA (with bridging turned on) to connect the 2 HWS. I have one HWS connected to the internet with (Cat 5) Ethernet whereas before I had both connected (I thought bridging was off). Since I made that change, (knock on wood) the mass migration of recordings back and forth have stopped, and the recordings fire too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)