U213 In The Wild

I hope the actual release foisted upon us will be a higher number, not the same release at all.

I am very concerned that they haven't fixed my issue where the content is constantly being copied from Hopper to Hopper and in some cases destroying the recording. Right now I have one Hopper isolated to prevent it.

I would think that would make it MORE likely they were making and testing changes.

I can confirm when my OLD receiver hard drive crashed and they sent a NEW refurb unit earlier this week, it loaded up Carbon. Took forever to load everything(2+ hours give or take) and took at least 24 hours before I get anywhere close to a stable receiver. Now I only have a few crashes when I skip shows and STILL cannot load my local channels, freezes and crashes every time. Called in last night and after some troubleshooting their solution was to wait a few more days or so and try again. The agent sent a trouble ticket up to another group (forget what group them mentioned). Also, I still have some generic Dish icons for recorded shows instead of show specific. This all was done while connected by Ethernet cable to a Comcast Modem for fast internet.

Have not even got around to trying to attach my external hard drive. Waiting to see if things stabilize more first.

When you first turned it on, did the interface have the look of the 'old' version and then it downloaded the new s/w ?

The problem with the local channels will not fix itself over time, contrary to what they told you ("wait a few days"). It simply doesn't SAVE the scan results, right, even though it goes through the motions like it's going to ?

The generic icons will get sorted out in a day or two though.

Yes, when first turned on the new/refurb unit, it followed the setup pamphlet and at some point it started over and went off script to "load the receiver". Guessing that is when it started to load Carbon.

For OTA, it completes the scan of channels and finds plenty. Within 10 seconds of the scan completing, it freezes and reboots. If try to beat the 10 second freeze by trying to save, it then freezes during the save and crashes.

Yes, when first turned on the new/refurb unit, it followed the setup pamphlet and at some point it started over and went off script to "load the receiver". Guessing that is when it started to load Carbon.

For OTA, it completes the scan of channels and finds plenty. Within 10 seconds of the scan completing, it freezes and reboots. If try to beat the 10 second freeze by trying to save, it then freezes during the save and crashes.

How many channels does it find when it scans? More than 100?

Reactions: Hall
I think gasman is referring to the occasional icon that's generic. My H2 on the old UI has that too, New Girl, The Goldbergs, Scorpion, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it finds more than 100 channels. Is there a way to limit this and get it to work?

If you can attenuate the signal and get fewer channels it might work.

We don't get nearly that many channels around here so I have personally not had the problem.

Reactions: Hall
I will give that a try this evening but with the old UI, never had that kind of issue. oh well.... guess it is to be expected with everything I have been reading.

No one has ever rec'd confirmation - that I'm aware of - of this issue. Others have reported this issue and in just about every case, as JSheridan asked, it involved 100+ OTA channels. It is a bug. Someone at Dish apparently put a limit in the s/w code and never researched that more than a few local markets have 100+ channels. It's not stations either. Some stations have just 1-2 channels while others have up to 5-6 (actually quite common with PBS affiliates). Get a larger market with 30-40 stations and they can easily reach 100+ channels.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSheridan
No one has ever rec'd confirmation - that I'm aware of - of this issue. Others have reported this issue and in just about every case, as JSheridan asked, it involved 100+ OTA channels. It is a bug. Someone at Dish apparently put a limit in the s/w code and never researched that more than a few local markets have 100+ channels. It's not stations either. Some stations have just 1-2 channels while others have up to 5-6 (actually quite common with PBS affiliates). Get a larger market with 30-40 stations and they can easily reach 100+ channels.

Used a smaller antenna in the house that does not work as well as the outdoor one. Scanned less channels and now it worked!!! Yah!!!

Ok, what crazy coder did not think of this and code correctly OR why have they not put a message in the Scan window before you start a scan OR more importantly, why have they not put this in their computers for poor sacks like me that call in????? I have called in to Dish twice for this, am in contact with Dirt here, and had a tech out to the house on Sunday to fix another issue and asked them and NONE of them had a clue about this!

So glad this site exists so that I can get results!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)