U331 Software Release for the hopper 3 dvr

The U331 Software Release didn't happen to give the ability to add OTA stations without a full scan did it? It's a minor problem compared to the OTA recording problems, but still annoying for those with TV antenna rotors.

Is there any indication that DISH intends to address this issue?

Hard to say... since there are rumors going around about a new OTA tuner then it might be possible to see some things change then.

Keep your fingers crossed. :D

Reactions: donebu
Give it a little time. Something else to try, remove the EHD from the Hopper. Unplug the hopper for a minute and then plug it back in. Let the Hopper boot up. After it has booted, plug the EHD back in....
Got the update, same issue. EHD showed up last night but does not show up after the update this morning. Tried reboots, as well as suggestion above, still nothing. Any other ideas?

Also noticed another minor bug with favorite list. Sometimes when I view guide with favorite list selected, can only scroll between 1 screen. Had to change to view all subscribed, view guide then switch back to favorite list, the can scroll as before

Also noticed another minor bug with favorite list. Sometimes when I view guide with favorite list selected, can only scroll between 1 screen. Had to change to view all subscribed, view guide then switch back to favorite list, the can scroll as before
That bug has been around for awhile, several months at least.

I just got the update last night and am unable to see my external drive. The sources icon is missing. I have rebooted the hopper and drive with no sucess. The drive is powered and running. I have check all 3 usb connections and none of them work. I want to dump this update.
I also have the update. I did not lose all three EHDs. However, I can only get 2 and some of the recordings are not viewable.

Hmmm - well, I hate to be THAT guy, but I'd sure have rather seen Netflix finally on my 4K Joeys and/or Hulu or Amazon Prime.
i too would like to see next on the hopper 3 dvr hulu,amazon prime,spotify,slacker,tunein.iheart radio and newson.

Reactions: Rixos
I shut off everything (sometime I leave the Dish CD channel up on the 4K Joey) and I came home to U331 on my Hopper 3 and U466 on my 4K Joey. And while it's not been 24 hours yet, all my OTA channels/sub-channels are coming in rock-solid. Thank you, Echostar!!! (or Dish)

I think I love my (new) Hopper 3!

hey guys my stepdad joey is still slow he got a new software version is U269 when i try to press and go to apps on the remote it will not allow me to go to the apps page and the joey is still slow,any help would be appreciated thanks Allen

My EHD is working fine.

At first I thought I had the problem some of you are reporting, then I realized I had unplugged it a few days ago.

Reactions: Foxbat
I shut off everything (sometime I leave the Dish CD channel up on the 4K Joey) and I came home to U331 on my Hopper 3 and U466 on my 4K Joey. And while it's not been 24 hours yet, all my OTA channels/sub-channels are coming in rock-solid. Thank you, Echostar!!! (or Dish)

I think I love my (new) Hopper 3!

I just wish they would fix the guide for the OTA 22.2 Fox Michiana. It's annoying having to look at 28.1's guide to see what is on 22.2. I tried to email echostar but my emails bounce back.

I noticed now the generic Dish logo for channels that just say Digital Service is now red after this update with the dark theme enabled..

I just got this update and now can't seem to use autoplay to different shows. Before the hopper 3, I could play them in any order I wanted. Then with the hopper 3, it only played them alphabetically. Now with U331 it won't even do that. Looks like I can play different episodes of the same show but can't select different shows. When I select anything from the main dvr screen and then select autoplay, it just deselects them instead of playing them. It is super annoying.

My EHD is working fine.

At first I thought I had the problem some of you are reporting, then I realized I had unplugged it a few days ago.

Mine are all plugged in and I am still not getting the 3rd EHD connected to the front USB port. The 2 EHDs using the rear USB ports are fine. Does anyone have something using the front USB port that is still working. Maybe to get OTA working , they had to reduce the # of EHD to 2.

Scott, maybe I am missing something but I can't find a way to add new ota channels to the guide even after doing a full scan.
You can add/scan them but they've removed the ability to save the results of the scan. That's a pretty strange decision they made !

They removed the button the Hopper w/Sling software as well.

Got the update to U331 on my Hopper 3 yesterday at 1:30 am. Now my custom guide doesn't work - it only shows one page of channels and that is it - can't go page up or page down, just one page.. Not using the guide I can still change channels up or down using the right pointer then up or down with the channel buttons. Plus I can find all my "Main" channels in my guide and that works fine, it's just my custom listing that doesn't.
I tried a restart and still the same problem which I consider a major one. Anyone else notice this?

I have 2 hoppers with sling. Both have 2tb external drives connected. One of them no longer sees the ext. In my troubleshooting, I discovered that the visible ext hd can be seen by both hoppers, but the other can't be seen by either. Also, neither hopper will recognize a usb device attached now. I talked to tech support and asked if it could be a software issue and was told no. They said all they could do is suggest I contact the hard drive manufacturer.

Got the update to U331 on my Hopper 3 yesterday at 1:30 am. Now my custom guide doesn't work - it only shows one page of channels and that is it - can't go page up or page down, just one page.. Not using the guide I can still change channels up or down using the right pointer then up or down with the channel buttons. Plus I can find all my "Main" channels in my guide and that works fine, it's just my custom listing that doesn't.
I tried a restart and still the same problem which I consider a major one. Anyone else notice this?

Yep, that is a problem some of us have talked about here before. I and others have had this issue for a while. For me, if I switch the guide back to the "None" setting, then back to my favorites, it will work again for a while. It also works when I change to large text (but I don't like that setting so that's not an option for me.)

It seems to come and go (the problem.) But for some of us it was happening before the U331 update.

mine problem is when you try to add the youtube app into the guide after a while it disappears from the guide and you have to do it over and over again.