U332 new software release for the hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
How long does it normally take Dish to complete software updates? I am still waiting for U332 and it is has been well over a week since people started getting it. My EHD has yet to work on my new H3 and YouTube hasn't worked since the first week after the install.

Thanks! I wonder how often they don't find any problems? :) I read the U332 bug reports but it appears to fix the EHD

Seems to me Dish could do a much better job of keeping people informed when their equipment doesn't work as advertised from the very beginning. I was told by an advanced tech to call back in 7-14 business days to see if a fix date was available. That was a wasted nearly hour long telephone call last time so why bother?

The government mandate for CVAA has a deadline date of 12/20 from what I've read so I'd bet there will be a new version very soon.

I received the 334 update this morning - nothing changed with the EHD problem. As before, most EHDs aren't recognized, just the ones that were recognized with the prior software.

Any hope for a resolution?

U334 seems to have brought back Netflix DD 5.1 - visual indicators active again in menus and confirmed working over optical cable, as in version prior to U332.
I also can confirm that Netflix 5.1 is back over HDMI as well. Mine is now U334. I don't think it's the same code as U331 since the Netflix app still reset and prompts for login before the common error I was getting. Well that and a DVR bug I never saw before. Selected a recorded show to record, black screen, and the counter showed the playback moving about 600X and then it hit the end of the show counter and stayed in a black screen. This was with all DVR recording, even last nights Prime shows that recorded after the U334 update. My U334 was one it three days ago. I noticed this because Netflix asked for my sign in again, and I had to reset yourtube and sing back in again for it to play YouTube video stream to the hopper from my tablet. This was also a soft YouTube reset in the setting that I did to fix this.

The DVR recordings not playing still responded to remote commands so I was able to select stop. I did a setting soft reboot with restart Hopper, no need for a hard power down. This fixed the issue, I'll wait to see if it happens again.

I also noticed my trash can was empty so I think the update cleared all trash recordings?

So far this is all I noticed. Their is a bug I have not reported on the scheduler with changing the priority. If you change one shows priority and then try to change another it gets confused. Sometimes gives a weird error, this is because all the other shows priority number positions did not change also or refreshes. The work around for me was to change one, back out of the scheduler and then go back in and change another.
I don't know if this is still happening with U334, I will test and report back later. This bug I found on U331 I think it was. Maybe someone else will notice this and can test this also on 334?

As for hard drives, I still can't get any of my hard drives to work. But I never had one working before either since I'm a new customer. So I guess this still might be an issue for new hard drives or new customers. I can't test the hopper go to see how this affects it since I still haven't received mine. Or if it will see the hopper go as a different kind of external storage device since it's a flash memory based unit. Then that makes me wonder if the hopper go being a flash based unit would work then why do they say not to use an SSD drive? Well these will be answered once I get my hopper go I guess.

I also can confirm that Netflix 5.1 is back over HDMI as well. Mine is now U334.
Well after reading the U336 update thread I decided to see if I can get the external hard drives to work and do the U336 update and clicked the button. 20 minutes later and back up it is. I didn't test the hard drives yet, it's late. But I can tell you that the U336 is possibly based off the U332 code since I now lost the Netflix 5.1 surround sound again. People have reported that U336 will fix external hard drives that worked before, I'm not sure about new ones. Also U336 is known to have problems with VOD, I think this may be buying movies since I tested and was able to download on demand shows and HBO movies and this seems to work on my H3.
So unless you really need your hard drive working then I would stay on U334.
U336 is still not a guarantee with hard drives and you may have to contact DIRT and that's still not a guarantee, there are mixed reports.

The only issue I have noticed with U336 and HBO VOD is when I delete a program that I have viewed the H3 reports it lost network connectivity. Everything still worked OK. As for new EHDs, I was able to format a new EHD (USB powered 2.5 inch portable drive) and it is working fine. I think the reason Dish requires AC powered drives is for 3.5 inch hard drives which draw more power.

I think the reason Dish requires AC powered drives is for 3.5 inch hard drives which draw more power.
I believe someone has "unofficially" stated that is the reason, yes. It simply covers compatibility better for Dish. Many use USB-powered drives just fine though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)