U502 has blown up OTA...again.

OTA recordings are breaking up just like before U500 and U501 which were fine. Now recorded video is tearing and blocking again making them unwatchable. I wonder why they keep tampering with code that works perfectly.
OTA Hicups

Reactions: charlesrshell
OTA recordings are breaking up just like before U500 and U501 which were fine. Now recorded video is tearing and blocking again making them unwatchable. I wonder why they keep tampering with code that works perfectly.
You have company, OTA isn't faring any better with the HWS either. It was very stable until the CUI.

Reactions: pattykay
I'm seeing this on U502 as well. South Bend, IN DMA stations all have glitching every 3-4 seconds, both picture corruption and audio breakups.

Count me as another person that has problems with OTA channels since U502 has come to my 2 hopper 3 receivers. This occurs on my 2 hopper 3 receivers and my Joey 2. I am using the original single tuner dongle.

Count me as another person that has problems with OTA channels since U502 has come to my 2 hopper 3 receivers. This occurs on my 2 hopper 3 receivers and my Joey 2. I am using the original single tuner dongle.
I have Dual OTA Adapters attached to both of my Hopper 3s and have no OTA issues on my H3s, two 4KJs, and two WJs.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I just noticed something. When I turned on the Hopper 3 and went to the OTA menu to check the signal strength. After I exited the menu the dropouts stopped. I don't understand what happened. I will have to investigate further.

The current Channel Master DVrs have been made by Echostar since about 2013.
But it IS now 2017 & CM has made 2 more DVR's since they stopped making the one I posted - the CM7400 & the CM7500 - google them for yourself.
I'm pretty damn sure navychop got the CM7500 (I HIGHLY doubt he found 2 of the E* made CM7000's "brand new"...)

Very thin ones. Don't care who made them- they work very well. I have an unpowered EHD on each.

My issue with U502 is that my OTA locals are erased every night since I got that software update on 8/30/17. I have to rescan for OTA channels daily, and it works fine until the overnight restart. I'm not having the glitches or audio drops that some have described. Everyone from Dish that I talk to seems to think it is the OTA module. I have an original module dating back to the first Hopper. I haven't had one problem with it until U502. I tried switching USB ports but that didn't make any difference. Any suggestions? This is becoming a pain

My issue with U502 is that my OTA locals are erased every night since I got that software update on 8/30/17. I have to rescan for OTA channels daily, and it works fine until the overnight restart. I'm not having the glitches or audio drops that some have described. Everyone from Dish that I talk to seems to think it is the OTA module. I have an original module dating back to the first Hopper. I haven't had one problem with it until U502. I tried switching USB ports but that didn't make any difference. Any suggestions? This is becoming a pain

It's not the OTA module, it's the U502 software. I proved it by duplicating the problem using old and new OTA adapters. I've found that the problem is most prevalent on receivers who's receiver ID begins with R191. I'd bet your's does too.

Hopefully DISH will fix the problem soon. I couldn't wait so I replaced the older problem receivers with new ones and the problem is now solved for me. :)

No OTA channels since 502 downloaded on 30 Aug 2017. H3 SN starts with 194. Original dongle that has always worked.
502 has also screwed up my timers set to dish channels. Sometimes they record, sometimes not.
Any idea when a new update will come? Rumors gladly accepted.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)