U504

I have 4 TiVo's that I use for OTA recording, even though I have a single tuner OTA adapter on each of my HWS but only use them to watch live TV.

FWIW, U504 can't be "forced" to download (yet). My H3 is still on U503 and running the update process doesn't do anything useful.*

* How hard is it to implement an actual version 'check' ? It seems as though this check is only during the boot-up process (just like Dish receivers have done for a decade or longer). Even the message that pops up leads you to believe that there's a newer version as it says something along the lines of it's going to update the s/w and that the receiver will be inaccessible while doing so. All it ends up doing is rebooting twice (?) and back to normal status (and the same s/w version as before).

Reactions: charlesrshell
FWIW, U504 can't be "forced" to download (yet). My H3 is still on U503 and running the update process doesn't do anything useful.*

* How hard is it to implement an actual version 'check' ? It seems as though this check is only during the boot-up process (just like Dish receivers have done for a decade or longer). Even the message that pops up leads you to believe that there's a newer version as it says something along the lines of it's going to update the s/w and that the receiver will be inaccessible while doing so. All it ends up doing is rebooting twice (?) and back to normal status (and the same s/w version as before).
Did you check the date and time of the last software download after you did this? It may actually be re-downloading the old software.

If any of your other receivers are on, it won't update. Everything needs to be in standby mode

. You have to not touch the remote for the whole 25 mins. I learned the hard way. After it reboots twice it will then go into a downloading screen, then a guide downloaded screen and other warning screens. If you hit select at any time during the screensaver it will cancel the he download.

Reactions: HipKat
I know the process for doing the update. Just tried it again and got this:

IMG_0800.JPG

Suggests that U504 is being 'tested' since it's not available to everyone yet.

This "Upgrade software" option appears to allow us to 'jump ahead' in the queue on software that's going out to everyone but is still in the slow rollout phase.

Reactions: pattykay
504 has a new OTA channel scan feature but it found fewer stations so I left well enough alone. It does not fix the OTA recording playback problem for me that was reintroduced a couple of updates ago.

504 has a new OTA channel scan feature but it found fewer stations so I left well enough alone. It does not fix the OTA recording playback problem for me that was reintroduced a couple of updates ago.
Wait, are you saying that if the scan finds fewer channels, you can exit without saving the changes? If I remember correctly, the old scan feature did not give that option. Before, if the scan found fewer channels, I would lose the listings for the channels that were not found, and there was no way to get them back unless I re-scanned again and was lucky enough to have them come in at the time of the scan.

like a dumbass i pushed the 504 software, other than the usual please work good, i ran into an issue.
it did not respond to any of my remotes, i have been able to get my 2 52, 1 40 remote working again, unpaired, repaired,
my 52 remote is not working, but it won't pair to any receiver anymore. my upstairs 50 pairs just fine. batteries pulled, 50 working just fine again.

like a dumbass i pushed the 504 software, other than the usual please work good, i ran into an issue.
it did not respond to any of my remotes, i have been able to get my 2 52, 1 40 remote working again, unpaired, repaired,
my 52 remote is not working, but it won't pair to any receiver anymore. my upstairs 50 pairs just fine. batteries pulled, 50 working just fine again.

Have you tried manually un-pairing the 52 remote?

1. Press and hold the SAT mode button until all mode lights on the top of the remote light up

2. Press and hold HOME and GUIDE at the same time for 5 seconds
    (If successful, you will hear three descending tones)

I had a similar experience when I upgraded to U504. All of the remotes stopped responding and I had to pair them again to the Hopper 3.

I had a similar experience when I upgraded to U504. All of the remotes stopped responding and I had to pair them again to the Hopper 3.

Kinda spooky when it doesn't respond to remotes after it shut down. Then to make things worse, I was using the red button on the panel thinking it was power. Guess it's the reset. Oops
Lol had to unpair, then pair again.

504 is goofy in the dvr menu, if there are more than 1 recording, the folder takes a bit to load.
Oh well, got a free ota adapter on the cbs loss, so not a bad day after all

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts