U521 software update

Mine acts up in weird ways, occasionally. I just pull the plug, then plug it back in, errrrr, I mean do a hard r eset
Do you have to go through any new logon procedures? Currently I just switch to the FireStick input on my TV and wake it up. Doesn't what I do take the H3 out of the equation?

I think it is unlikely it is related, but since I came back from vacation, during which time U521 was installed, my Pioneer VSX-90 AVR no longer responds to HDMI-CEC commands from my Sony XBR70X850B TV. HDMI-CEC is disabled on the Hopper3, so it is probably just an odd coincidence. I just mention it in case others have seen similar issues.

The Pioneer has become more and more finicky over time. Sometimes I am tempted to replace it with a nice soundbar.

Well, it magically started working again today, so who knows what the problem was?

My wireless joey is back to nightly update at 1am again - even after setting the time on the H3 to 4am. Was watching a recording when got abrupt black screen, 3 min later live tv comes back. I though this was taken care of since it was working OK - is it a new glitch from software update? Really frustrated - & since my 2 yr Flex agreement ends next week not a good time to make me angry again.

The trick play issue that has been fixed with the other Hopper is now with the EHD. When I play a recording direct from the EHD the fast forward and the skip back don't work properly.

I tested playing recordings from my 3 external hard drives under software U521. Like odbrv, the program plays in a small window in the upper right corner of the screen. Hitting info and resume makes it go to full screen. The program on the external drive now plays on the first attempt. You do not have to select the program twice to get it to play. Skip forward, skip back, fast forward, and rewind all seem to work well.
The software did not fix the pixelation when viewing OTA channels on my Joey2 but the fix is to first tune to the OTA channel on the Hopper3.
In general I am well pleased with the latest software. It fixed the problem with viewing programs on a remote Hopper3 and it is easier to view programs on an external drive.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

My wireless joey is back to nightly update at 1am again - even after setting the time on the H3 to 4am. Was watching a recording when got abrupt black screen, 3 min later live tv comes back. I though this was taken care of since it was working OK - is it a new glitch from software update? Really frustrated - & since my 2 yr Flex agreement ends next week not a good time to make me angry again.
Go into the Settings and see if the new software reset it back to the default

Reactions: pattykay
Go into the Settings and see if the new software reset it back to the default
Wish it were something that simple, but checked it after it happened & it still showed 4am. Didn't someone else recently report having nightly update issues again on wireless joeys? (My wired Joey works fine)

I tested playing recordings from my 3 external hard drives under software U521. Like odbrv, the program plays in a small window in the upper right corner of the screen. Hitting info and resume makes it go to full screen. The program on the external drive now plays on the first attempt. You do not have to select the program twice to get it to play. Skip forward, skip back, fast forward, and rewind all seem to work well.
The software did not fix the pixelation when viewing OTA channels on my Joey2 but the fix is to first tune to the OTA channel on the Hopper3.
In general I am well pleased with the latest software. It fixed the problem with viewing programs on a remote Hopper3 and it is easier to view programs on an external drive.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Both my EHDs work in both Hopper 3s when I select them. Do not get any small windows. The trick play works good now. The other day they were acting up. I like how the EHD stays selected now in the Other Devices menu.

Reactions: joewhite57
I had really hoped that this upgrade would finally fix the problem of my EHD disappearing every morning and requiring several reboots to come back.

Nope.

This is the best software for EHD's showing up that I've seen in a while. Most mornings mine are there but about once or twice a week they aren't. Before this version they were hardly ever there.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)