U528 new software 12/11/2018 on hopper 3 DVR

Reading the report of Amazon giving people access to Alexa recordings that were someone else's reinforces my decision to not have any recording devices in my home. Even worse, Amazon said they were able to determine who the recordings belonged to by listening to them. Happy to report that by punching in 140 my H3 dutifully tunes to ESPN.

No, but the tech portal is full of reports of Hopper 3's changing channels by themselves, volume turning up and down..... and WiFi Joeys where the Access Point is connected to a HIC not staying connected.

Another stellar software update.......

Well I don't have the channel changing issue but just that one which is weird..takes a few moments to go back in settings to change it.

Well I don't have the channel changing issue but just that one which is weird..takes a few moments to go back in settings to change it.
I had an odd one last night where for some reason at about 7:15, it decided to do a System Check, lasted about 5 minutes, then rebooted. Craziest thing I ever saw on this receiver

5yx9xx.jpg

I had an odd one last night where for some reason at about 7:15, it decided to do a System Check, lasted about 5 minutes, then rebooted. Craziest thing I ever saw on this receiver

5yx9xx.jpg

That's the same message I got on my receiver when updating to 528. It went into a loop, displaying that error and the starting up splash screen over and over. Unplugging the other H3 was the only thing that got it out.

I haven’t seen this problem posted yet.... Ever since this update the “pause & resume on an other TV” feature isn’t working. If I pause on the Hopper3 and then go to another room to resume at the paused point on a Joey3 the Joey 3 goes to live TV on the channel that was paused.
I have to start over and fast forward all the way to where the Hopper was paused.

Anyone else seeeing this, and any suggestions on how to solve?

Very frustrating because for the last 4 months or so the function has been working flawlessly!!!

Thx in advance

Reactions: TheKrell
I haven’t seen this problem posted yet.... Ever since this update the “pause & resume on an other TV” feature isn’t working. If I pause on the Hopper3 and then go to another room to resume at the paused point on a Joey3 the Joey 3 goes to live TV on the channel that was paused.
I have to start over and fast forward all the way to where the Hopper was paused.

Very frustrating because for the last 4 months or so the function has been working flawlessly!!!

Thx in advance

I’ll check that out on mine when I get home from work

Thx in advance
I checked it on mine, a few times with different channels and it worked like it's supposed to each time

Reactions: DCUNY
I checked it on mine, a few times with different channels and it worked like it's supposed to each time
Thanks for checking. I did a red button restart and will see if that helps. If I need to do a reset, how do I do that without deleting all of my recordings?

Thx again

Thanks for checking. I did a red button restart and will see if that helps. If I need to do a reset, how do I do that without deleting all of my recordings?

Thx again
You can do a partial reset in tools, but I'd just pull the plug on everything, then plug the Hopper in till you get to liver TV, then plug your Joeys in

You can do a partial reset in tools, but I'd just pull the plug on everything, then plug the Hopper in till you get to liver TV, then plug your Joeys in

Thank you HipKat!
I did this and at least for the newly recorded programs, the pause / resume now appears to be working. Not so well on programs recorded before the “reboot”. I really don’t understand that.

But I don’t understand a lot of idiosyncrasies with Dish.....

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thank you HipKat!
I did this and at least for the newly recorded programs, the pause / resume now appears to be working. Not so well on programs recorded before the “reboot”. I really don’t understand that.

But I don’t understand a lot of idiosyncrasies with Dish.....
You know, I didn't check mine on a recording. I guess I misunderstood. I did it on a live show. Paused it, went to a different room and resumed it from there. But, I watched a movie I had recorded about a month ago, and stopped it when the credits came on. So I went to my other TV just now, and tried to start from where I had stopped and it worked fine. Then I paused it, went back to the living room to resume, and it worked. Paused it there, went to the bedroom to resume, and it still worked, so no problems on my end

Not sure if I just didn't notice this before.

When I go to my DVR Recordings there is a RED icon on the upper left-hand corner on some of my recordings with the word NEW...Has that always been there?

Not sure if I just didn't notice this before.

When I go to my DVR Recordings there is a RED icon on the upper left-hand corner on some of my recordings with the word NEW...Has that always been there?

I don't know about always but it's been there for quite a while.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)