U544

gpguitarman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2014
The hopper3 received U543 this morning with Amazon Prime. About 4hrs later it downloaded U544. It took about an hour. Screen said do not turn receiver off during download blah blah blah... than it reprogrammed the memory. U544 seems to be working along with Amazon Prime.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Anyone know details on the new version? I just upgraded to U543 couple days ago and my APV app worked ok, but I had some recordings get missed. After lengthy discussions on another forum, seems a guide issue. Just wondering if the newer upgrade addresses anything like that.

BTW, mines currently in the U544 upgrade process.

Reactions: TheKrell
After learning here how to adjust settings in Prime I am happy as a clam with 543. Can't imagine what needed upgrading so quickly.

It took three tries to get U544 to download with the Upgrade Software Tool on one of my Hopper 3s. It was stubborn for some reason. The first two tries the download went thru all the procedures but each time when complete the Hopper 3 went to live TV and it still showed U543. That never happened before. Third time I tried the download it worked properly and is now on U544. Anything in the portal HipKat for this software update?

From the tech forum, may or may not be part of this

The issue with the series timers was a data load issue and it has been corrected.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Our DISH owned H3 got it right off the morning it was released. On my owned H3 I got it accidentally when I missed stopping the "Daily Reboot, set for 6am firing off at 10:37am. I was doing something else and missed the cancelation point. I noticed that it was taking longer than normal and when I looked I saw that software was being installed. I figured it was the new FW that I have read about. Gotta say access to the the apps are great but the PQ even though the TV switch over to UHD HDR, isn't all that good. Still.

I'll be sticking with the on board TV and ATV 4K apps. Although did get Grandma a killer 4K for the kitchen that has its own H3. l don't think that'll matter on a 40" across the room. Although the kitchen has 7.1 Surround Sound. I'm worried about the volume issue.

We'll just have to see...

Sent from my SM-T380 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Both H3's have U544. Well the H3 that I use (#1) just went into doing its daily reboot at 9:40pm, when set for 6am. This reminded me to come here and check out who's have what issues and to post mine.

• Hopper 3 - #1 (Owned - Replaced Once) still reboots whenever it wants, even does it when a recording is happening. Haven't seen any Picture blackouts but am getting audio drops. And I think the Hard Drive is going out. I'm getting the high pitched whine that scratches at your brain. Recordings pixelate a lot.
  • Hopper 3 - #2 Leased is having Picture and Audio Black outs quite often since the update, was it U542, when they started? Tonight it even went to the "This Picture will turn off in (countdown timer). We got the picture back when pressing the Select button. This is happening more since U544.

The second I realize that a unit has gotten an update or I force it, I Power Cycle the unit.

Then there's the typical Guide and Timer problems . . .

Both H3's have U544. Well the H3 that I use (#1) just went into doing its daily reboot at 9:40pm, when set for 6am. This reminded me to come here and check out who's have what issues and to post mine.

• Hopper 3 - #1 (Owned - Replaced Once) still reboots whenever it wants, even does it when a recording is happening. Haven't seen any Picture blackouts but am getting audio drops. And I think the Hard Drive is going out. I'm getting the high pitched whine that scratches at your brain. Recordings pixelate a lot.
  • Hopper 3 - #2 Leased is having Picture and Audio Black outs quite often since the update, was it U542, when they started? Tonight it even went to the "This Picture will turn off in (countdown timer). We got the picture back when pressing the Select button. This is happening more since U544.

The second I realize that a unit has gotten an update or I force it, I Power Cycle the unit.

Then there's the typical Guide and Timer problems . . .

You have two hopper 3’s. Are they set up so you can see recordings and each hopper or are they separate?

You can see recordings on both from either.
Hmm, Dish says that's not Authorized, but many of us installers and members here who have worked with Dual Hopper 3 installs connect them so they can see each other. Apparently, according to Dish, this causes Moca issues and I'm wondering if that's why you have the issues you're having

Hmm, Dish says that's not Authorized, but many of us installers and members here who have worked with Dual Hopper 3 installs connect them so they can see each other. Apparently, according to Dish, this causes Moca issues and I'm wondering if that's why you have the issues you're having

Hmmm, DISH Installed it . . . I cleaned it up.

The only issues that I am having I had with H2's them jumping all over my network randomly grabbing IPA's that are Reserved for other devices even though they are locked into their own IPA's. So I put the main H3 on its own Subnet (192.168.2.0/24) where they can do all the jumping they want and the other get its stuff through MoCA. My main Subnet (192.168.0.0/24) is running so much smoother now. If had done this years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts