U544

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hmm, Dish says that's not Authorized, but many of us installers and members here who have worked with Dual Hopper 3 installs connect them so they can see each other. Apparently, according to Dish, this causes Moca issues and I'm wondering if that's why you have the issues you're having

why would that be any different than havig 2 HWS? They can see each other's recordings

Reactions: HipKat
why would that be any different than havig 2 HWS? They can see each other's recordings

Because two hopper slings don’t use a 42 switch, But like I said a lot of us have installed in anyway and zip line here having installed that way and this just makes me wonder if this is an example of one of the problems that Dish may have discovered occurs in this set up

The guide is now showing 301 Prime and 302 Netflix. Not sure if this had anything to do with the update, it does make it convenient.

Reactions: charlesrshell
With this version Joey's now locking up/pixellating/stuttering so unwatchable daily (usually in the evening 6-9 PM) now unless I reboot the H3 which already reboots at 3 every morning. Wake up, Dish, and fix this!

I’ve got 9 movies recorded on various channels since 12/15 and all they have is a big Dish logo with the title underneath. I see Monday Night Football looks normal.
Yeah, similar situation here. Black tiles with either dish or station logos and title in white lettering at bottom

Reactions: Jon J
I found out a long time ago with the H2s and always only have one Hx on the network and the other gets connected through MoCA. And they are on their own Subnet or if on the same as the rest of my gear, I give them an IPA Reservation above the open range. I'm getting great MoCA interaction with each other.
Only 1 is supposed to be connected to the Network or the 2nd one on a stand-alone or separate Network

Sent from my SM-T380 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I found out a long time ago with the H2s and always only have one Hx on the network and the other gets connected through MoCA. And they are on their own Subnet or if on the same as the rest of my gear, I give them an IPA Reservation above the open range. I'm getting great MoCA interaction with each other.

Sent from my SM-T380 using the SatelliteGuys app!
That's the way to do it - put them on a separate network or IP. I have to figure out how to do that with my Velop Mesh Routers

That's the way to do it - put them on a separate network or IP. I have to figure out how to do that with my Velop Mesh Routers

What model of Velop are you running. I can pull the manuals and see if I can glean the way to do it. You've helped me enough . . .
Otherwise . . .
But I trust there is a way to do IP Address Reservations and hopefully it allows you to go outside the set IP Range?

My ISP rpovided Router has great software that allows for Subnets to be created and attached to a specific port. "Managed Switch" of sorts. I have set this on to the maker of the routers I'm using now and they really like the concept. That makes life so much better and will swapping back to it today.

Below is the set up I have at the moment. Since I keep swapping Routers it's not complete. I have the WiFi Mesh System in AP Mode at the moment and I have to build a table to work off of to make all routers have the same IPARs for Devices. I have noticed that Devices tend to get confused and cranky when the IPAR is changed a lot. Access Control is turned off so that anything that comes along with the correct login credentials can go on and I can assign an IPAR.

Below the IP Range: All Networking gear
In the IP Range: All standard Devices
Above the IP Range: The Hoppers

Picture 1: Table of Set Devices and their IPARs:

IPARPic1.jpg

Picture 2: Table of Devices that have yet to be set a firm IPAR or Manual Setting via MAC Address:

IPARPic2.jpg

HipKat

I may have found it. It's the area and, fingers crossed, action I used above. If the software/firmware allows you to go out side the IP Range that will make things easier. Or it may offer "Managed Ports". The picture is out of the MX5300 Manual. I love that you can set an IPA for both Wireless and Wired connections of a single Device. I have neeed that so many times. I just end up doing multiple IPARs. Yours may vary . . .

IPARVelopGenMX5300.jpg

What model of Velop are you running. I can pull the manuals and see if I can glean the way to do it. You've helped me enough . . .
Otherwise . . .
But I trust there is a way to do IP Address Reservations and hopefully it allows you to go outside the set IP Range?

My ISP rpovided Router has great software that allows for Subnets to be created and attached to a specific port. "Managed Switch" of sorts. I have set this on to the maker of the routers I'm using now and they really like the concept. That makes life so much better and will swapping back to it today.

Below is the set up I have at the moment. Since I keep swapping Routers it's not complete. I have the WiFi Mesh System in AP Mode at the moment and I have to build a table to work off of to make all routers have the same IPARs for Devices. I have noticed that Devices tend to get confused and cranky when the IPAR is changed a lot. Access Control is turned off so that anything that comes along with the correct login credentials can go on and I can assign an IPAR.

Below the IP Range: All Networking gear
In the IP Range: All standard Devices
Above the IP Range: The Hoppers

Picture 1: Table of Set Devices and their IPARs:

View attachment 142661

Picture 2: Table of Devices that have yet to be set a firm IPAR or Manual Setting via MAC Address:

View attachment 142662
Keep in mind, I'm just barely educated slightly beyond plug and play when it comes to networking but it's our Linksys Tri-Band Velops, Model WHW0301v1

HipKat, I had a hard time finding a dedicated manual for that model number. And the one I did find looks like if your Firmware is up to date, they all "should" be pretty much the same. BUT it only goes so far in explaining things. It does show what would be the first two steps, but not maybe two to three more for the Devices. And there would be the need to set up the IP Address Range so you can isolate the Devices. Which would be hands-on trial and error. And it would be a true "Trial By Fire!" for someone that is not really further along than UPnP or Nat-UPnP.

I belong to many networking forums and will shout out to them to see if I can find "more detailed" instructions. So until then, if anyone else discovers the full course of action, feel free to post. I'm on a quest . . .

After U544 update the H3 will randomly reboot when watching YouTube, everything else works fine (on demand, Prime video, Netflix) only streaming with YouTube causes reboots. Anybody else have this problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts