U700 software for hopper with sling

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Once I found out that it was a Dish screw up, I thought, "Oh, I wonder who's going to lose their job over this?"

In addition to getting the Joey issue fixed, they also cleared up the issue with Netflix controls, thankfully. I haven't come across any other issues.

Update for my issues.
Last night ran into same problems. Paused a recorded show and when we went to resume, nothing would work. Unplugging twice did no good.
I got a conversation with Dish chat going. They had me plug the HWS into the wall socket rather than my surge protector and according to them they pushed down U700 again. Since then everything is working just fine so far. When I check the version it still shows the date and time of the original push of U700.
My second HWS is still at U249.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of my HWS have U700. My only issue remains when stopping playback on the remote hopper, I am provided no options. I have to select DVR to watch something else, or guide, then select live programming to close out the stopped playback.

My external drives(one per) still work.

Watching dish anywhere, live ota (single tuner) is met with slightly broken play backs. Does not occur on my other hopper with a dual OTA tuner.

*********Edit******* - the break up on the single ota tuner while watching via dish anywhere has been resolved by disconnecting and reconnecting the USB adapter which forced a receiver restart. A previous restart without first disconnecting the adapter did not resolve the issue.

Both receivers seem responsive. Not necessarily faster, but definitely not slower.

The single Joey 4K is performing flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: JSheridan
They also managed to mess up the controls when using Netflix. Normally when you push the down arrow on the remote, it would show you the time remaining, right? Now, Netflix is not "isolated" and it causes you to change channels. You can also cause things to record if you're trying to exit.
I had that happen once on a Wally, but only when I first set up my Netflix account through the Wally. Somehow, at some point during the process, it rented a free VOD movie (Airplane) and set a recurring timer to record Fox 8 News at Noon. :coco

Wow. Could be. But the person at the top of software is the one that needs to go.

Did they abandon the UK developers? I suspect they were pretty darned good.

But not pretty darned cheap.

Programmers in India are good, but have no experience with the product.

Reactions: NYDutch
I will not test watching from the other HWS and trick plays, until 701 (or whatever) is released.

This series of s/w releases brings to mind what George C Scott said, as Patton: Shoveling sh*t in Louisiana

as is the case with most of their updates & upgrades

It almost fixed remote hopper viewing - almost....

As it is currently, 2 @ HWS w/ U700, 3 firesticks, it is all fairly navigable.

This software mismanagement is well past bad business. I honestly think that dish takes the power users for granted - we remain sticky, regardless of what they throw at us.

That all changes however when the better half gives us new marching orders. I’m holding her off - but she is more than ready to make a change.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Last week I was on U249 and I did the "upgrade software" and it started to download and about halfway through it stopped and stayed on U249. Now when I try to upgrade it tells me I have the latest software U249.
Evidently they stopped with the 700 software.

Last week I was on U249 and I did the "upgrade software" and it started to download and about halfway through it stopped and stayed on U249. Now when I try to upgrade it tells me I have the latest software U249.
Evidently they stopped with the 700 software.
So now, the few people who have it are The 700 Club. :biggrin :angel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts