U727 HWS Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

billowens

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
East Texas
Haven't seen anyone talking about the HWS update U727. New look On Demand. Found one issue: After update, volume level is about half of what it was prior to update. Called tech support and they were not familiar with the issue. Went thru all of the normal resets, but did not fix problem. He said he would report the issue. At this point, I am running my volume level over double what I was.

Sent from my cheap phone using the SatelliteGuys app!

My receiver downloaded U727 last night. The first thing that I noticed was that the interface is noticeably faster on my HWS.

The recorded program list is displayed faster (like it was when I first got my Snap), and when I select a recording that has a lot of episodes saved, it lists the recordings quickly (with the previous software, it took a long time for the list to appear - sometimes longer than 15 seconds).

So far, no black screens, but it's too soon to tell for sure.

I upgraded one of my HWS's to 727 this morning, and the volume issue was immediately obvious, although it's not a big issue for us. I haven't dug around for anything else yet. The other HWS will likely update on its own long before we get back up north where it's spending the winter feeding our DishAnywhere app in the south.

My receiver downloaded U727 last night. The first thing that I noticed was that the interface is noticeably faster on my HWS.

The recorded program list is displayed faster (like it was when I first got my Snap), and when I select a recording that has a lot of episodes saved, it lists the recordings quickly (with the previous software, it took a long time for the list to appear - sometimes longer than 15 seconds).

So far, no black screens, but it's too soon to tell for sure.
What about any volume issue?

What about any volume issue?

I do not see any difference in volume level from my previous software U725. (I have the HWS HDMI output connected to my soundbar's HDMI input).

I wonder why I do not see the sound issue that others have reported? Are you guys using the audio that is in the HDMI cable, or are you using optical?

I do not see any difference in volume level from my previous software U725. (I have the HWS HDMI output connected to my soundbar's HDMI input).

I wonder why I do not see the sound issue that others have reported? Are you guys using the audio that is in the HDMI cable, or are you using optical?
My TV is HDMI connected and has the lower volume issue as do my Bluetooth connected hearing aids.

I went from 725 to 727 and not only is the volume not lower for me, it may be slightly higher. No black screens or channel jumping for me yet, although one session isn't enough time to say for sure.

HDMI to TV.

Maybe the people that went from 725 to 727 do not have the volume issue, while others that initially had 726 have the volume issue? (Maybe caused by 726)?

After using 727 update for a few days, I reiterate that I do not have a lower volume. In fact, I have to agree with what Jim S posted...If anything, the volume is a little louder/clearer than version 725.

No black screens yet , so hopefully, that issue is fixed.

The lower volume is more of a curiosity than an issue, since it just takes a small adjustment to bring levels back to normal. I'm still seeing the dark screen issue though, with 727...

Reactions: ekilgus
The lower volume is more of a curiosity than an issue, since it just takes a small adjustment to bring levels back to normal. I'm still seeing the dark screen issue though, with 727...
What is this dark screen issue? The only time I have a dark screen is when I turn it on.:spy:cool . Also I don't have any snaps installed.

What is this dark screen issue? The only time I have a dark screen is when I turn it on.:spy:cool . Also I don't have any snaps installed.
Yes, the black screen issue happens most often when you turn the receiver on, but it sometimes would occur at other times randomly. Usually you can hear the audio but the video screen area is black.

I have not seen it yet with 727, but others have said the problem is still there.

The "dark screen" issue occurs when the receiver is brought out of standby and no picture is displayed. I've found the quickest way to get past it for me is to simply press "Info" and "Select" on my 40.0 remotes. It doesn't happen every time, and sometimes it can be several days between occurrences.

After using 727 update for a few days, I reiterate that I do not have a lower volume. In fact, I have to agree with what Jim S posted...If anything, the volume is a little louder/clearer than version 725.

No black screens yet , so hopefully, that issue is fixed.

No black screens here yet, although I still haven't used it enough to be sure it's gone for good. The "your Snap is working properly" popup came up again last night though. I didn't think to check whether it was still on 727 or if there's been another update.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes, the black screen issue happens most often when you turn the receiver on, but it sometimes would occur at other times randomly. Usually you can hear the audio but the video screen area is black.

I have not seen it yet with 727, but others have said the problem is still there.
I thought that was normal when I turned it on. I've had this since I started with Dish but it is taking a little more time to get to the program.:rolleyes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)