Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Please be aware that the upcoming UFC 200: Cormier vs Jones 2 event on Saturday, July 9 will be DIRECTV’s first PPV event broadcast live in 4K! DIRECTV 4K customers can begin ordering the fight on July 9 for $69.95, with coverage of the event starting at 7PM PST/10PM EST on channel 106.

Customers can learn more about DIRECTV’s 4K offerings and requirements to view 4K on directv.com/4K.

As a reminder, only customers with the appropriate combination of hardware and services can access the 4K broadcast of this event.

To view this particular event in 4K, a customer will need:
  • An HR54
  • And either a DIRECTV 4K Ready TV OR a compatible 4K TV connected to an active C61K
Customers that want to watch this event, but don’t meet the necessary requirements to view it in 4K, can still order the HD Broadcast.

Just in case you're interested in this. Jones isn't fighting. He got nailed by a drug test, so Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt is the headliner now.

. Dana white is denying that
Looks official now...
UUFC.JPG

To get the ppv in 4K do you have to have the higher channel packages? I have the 4K set up but turned off the higher package to save $$$, was just curious if I had to add that channel package back or can I order the ppv and it show up on ch 106???

If I go to DirecTV Events page, the only choices I see are for SD or HD. I don't want to order it on the receiver because then you only get it on the one box. Is that going to be the only choice?

Looks like if you order 4K you have to do it through the receiver and you don't get HD or SD feeds. They need to fix this going forward.

I called in and they couldn't help.

Looks like if you order 4K you have to do it through the receiver and you don't get HD or SD feeds. They need to fix this going forward.

I called in and they couldn't help.

It should be coded for the other channels as well. I just checked on mine as I ordered this morning on Ch 106 and ch 123 is showing it as well on my other irds.

Also, the PPV is in 7.1 surround. It looks and sounds amazing. Lots of tweets about how awsome it looks!

To get the ppv in 4K do you have to have the higher channel packages? I have the 4K set up but turned off the higher package to save $$$, was just curious if I had to add that channel package back or can I order the ppv and it show up on ch 106???
I am pretty sure you have to have the higher package.

Just a heads up, I was able to order and not have the 4K channel packages. I think they just want the $$$ for the ppv and don't care about ch packages.

Reactions: goaliebob99
Just out of curiosity... how was the 4K UFC 200? Was it drastically different/better? I am a Dish customer with a standard old HD TV. I do have a Hopper 3 which is 4K compatible so I think this Christmas I might spring for a 4K TV since they are always dropping in price.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)