UFC on Fuel, HD when??

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
Now that the UFC has signed the big contract with Fox. It looks like there's going to be plenty of UFC on Fuel TV. I assume that Fuel has an HD version? If so, what's the chance of Dish offering it before the fights start? I think the first fights for Fox will be in November, so that will probably be when Fuel starts showing some UFC stuff as well.

Yes, they had a press conference today. Spike will have the next Ultimate Fighter which starts next month and then everything goes to Fox. The Fox network channel will have 4 live events next year, FX will also have some live events as well as the Ultimate Fighter, and Fuel will have some older fights and also the pre show and post shows. All of the fights on the Ultimate Fighter will air live every Friday night during that season. I think it's going to be a sweet deal. Now we just need Dish to add FuellHD.

I really hope Dish adds Fuel HD once UFC starts. There's already some good programming to be seen on Fuel HD IMO, so UFC should put it over the top in value. If we can get frickin RFD HD and Veria HD, NO excuses about customer demand for it. That's for sure.

I think you're wrong about RFD. It would not surprise me if RFD has more viewers than Fuel and many other channels. Viera however being in HD surprised me too. I Would bet Fuel will be in HD though if it has enough HD content.

UFC Signs Major Deal With FOX Broadcasting, Leaving Spike TV
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2011 at 2:45 pm
Tagged with UFC
SportsBusinessDaily.com is reporting that the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) organization has signed a blockbuster multi-year deal with FOX broadcasting that will see UFC programming airing on FOX networks (Fox, FX, Fuse) for the next seven or eight years.

According to the report on SBD, the deal is worth as much as $90 million per year and as many as four live UFC events will air on Fox each year, marking the first time UFC will be broadcast on network television.

As part of the deal, most of the weekly programming that UFC has on Versus and Spike TV will move to FX starting in January. That includes UFC’s live Fight Night cards as well as the company’s hit reality series “The Ultimate Fighter.”

UFC had reportedly been negotiating with NBC/Comcast for several months, but those talks recently broke down.

As for what this means to the pro wrestling business – this is either great news for TNA or a very very bad sign. It’s no secret that Spike TV executives have considered totally re-branding the network, which has seen lackluster ratings from programming geared towards males 18-34. While UFC’s departure makes TNA Wrestling its highest rated content provider, this could push Spike

Spike TV Issues Statement On End Of Relationship With UFC
by
Matt BooneAugust 18, 2011 3ShareDavid Schwarz from Spike TV sent along the following ...

Spike TV and The UFC / statement

“The Ultimate Fighter” season 14 in September will be our last. We are increasing our commitment to distinctive, original series that we own such as “Auction Hunters” and “Bar Rescue” which are delivering on our goal to reach a broader audience. Our 6-year partnership with the UFC has been incredibly beneficial in building both our brands, and we wish them all the best in the future.

I'm still trying to figure-out the viewing schedule ever since the WEC was integrated into UFC and no longer shown on Versus. Additionally, Strikeforce was supposed to have additional free live events on CBS...but that appears to have fizzled. MMA needs to be carried live on the broadcast networks (CBS, Fox) in my opinion.

UFC Signs Major Deal With FOX Broadcasting, Leaving Spike TV
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2011 at 2:45 pm
Tagged with UFC
SportsBusinessDaily.com is reporting that the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) organization has signed a blockbuster multi-year deal with FOX broadcasting that will see UFC programming airing on FOX networks (Fox, FX, Fuse) for the next seven or eight years.

According to the report on SBD, the deal is worth as much as $90 million per year and as many as four live UFC events will air on Fox each year, marking the first time UFC will be broadcast on network television.

As part of the deal, most of the weekly programming that UFC has on Versus and Spike TV will move to FX starting in January. That includes UFC’s live Fight Night cards as well as the company’s hit reality series “The Ultimate Fighter.”

UFC had reportedly been negotiating with NBC/Comcast for several months, but those talks recently broke down.

As for what this means to the pro wrestling business – this is either great news for TNA or a very very bad sign. It’s no secret that Spike TV executives have considered totally re-branding the network, which has seen lackluster ratings from programming geared towards males 18-34. While UFC’s departure makes TNA Wrestling its highest rated content provider, this could push Spike

I think they meant Fuel. ;) As Fuse is owned by MSG and is a music channel.

They just had UFC on Vs.

Easiest way for me, I have two MMA News RSS feeds, and that keeps me updated with all Channels.

The RSS feeds are a great idea...however, I'm already overwhelmed with so many work and professional related infoblasts that my head will explode if I have just one more. I think it may be easier to modify my Tivo timer to capture UFC vice WEC recordings.

It's been a couple of months. Are there any new rumors ablout Dish offering Fuel in HD yet? It looks like that channels about to get a lot more popular.

Will Fuel TV Become the UFC Channel? | MMAWeekly.com

Let's go Dish. I think "it's time!" :)

I have submitted a program request for Fuel in HD for you. I am interested in seeing if tomorrows broadcast on Fox is going to any different then the PPV fights were.

I recorded the new Show on Fuel last night called UFC Tonight. It's a really good informative news style program all about UFC. Well not only was it in crappy Sd, but each end of the picture is cut off on the left and right side of the screen. There's a logo in the top right that should say "FUEL UFC Tonight", but all I get is "FUE UFC Tonig". Come on Dish. If all I get is crappy SD, at least make it fit the screen.

And by the way, it's not just that program. But everything I've sen so far on Fuel is this way.

They had fuel in hd for the pre-game and postgame for the dos santos vs velasquez fight then took it down a few weeks after the fight and havent had it back up since which is bullcrap since they had it for the fight and they could of just left it up and let us have it since it was already up instead of these crappy channles they added like veria,own etc in hd which hardly has any viewers instead of keeping fuel and adding channels we keep asking for and people actually watch.if dish doesnt add fuel by time ufc starts on fuel and fx i may switch to direct tv and cancel dish.dish needs to keep sports and stations watch and we want and quit adding hd channels that no one watches

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts