UFL Football 2012!!!

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
Yes, I know you've been waiting for it. The UFL is back!! A grand total of 4 teams make up the league as it started this past Wednesday. The games were on CBS Sports Network. Howard David and Jamie Dukes were the announcers and I dont know the crowd's of the game. I watched a little of it on Friday and it was ok. Give the kids credit. They know they probably wont make the NFL or the Super Bowl so for them playing in the UFL, it means everything to them.

I will be watching some on Wednesday night....looking that the rosters, I see one familiar name, Teddy Lehman he played for the lions

There are a lot of familiar names to me, my seat was 4 feet from Dominic Rhodes sitting on the OL bench, Dede Dorsey and Sammie Parker are former Bengals and Chiefs. We were in the first row on the visiting sideline here in Vegas. Injured on a kickoff early in the game was Brian Banks, the 'feel good story' this past NFL offseason. He was jailed on some rape charge and years later it was found to be false. He was a hopeful football player and got a few NFL workouts but couldn't make a roster.

Attachments

• IMG_20120926_173019.jpg
    IMG_20120926_173019.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20120926_173609.jpg
    IMG_20120926_173609.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20120926_180927.jpg
    IMG_20120926_180927.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20120926_181011.jpg
    IMG_20120926_181011.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20120926_181950.jpg
    IMG_20120926_181950.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20120926_185137 (1).jpg
    IMG_20120926_185137 (1).jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 120
  • PANO_20120926_180441.jpg
    PANO_20120926_180441.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 99
There are a lot of familiar names to me, my seat was 4 feet from Dominic Rhodes sitting on the OL bench, Dede Dorsey and Sammie Parker are former Bengals and Chiefs. We were in the first row on the visiting sideline here in Vegas. Injured on a kickoff early in the game was Brian Banks, the 'feel good story' this past NFL offseason. He was jailed on some rape charge and years later it was found to be false. He was a hopeful football player and got a few NFL workouts but couldn't make a roster.

Those names do sound familiar as well

Yeah, Omaha got crushed 41-6 by the Locos, former Raider/Redskin/Lion Safety Stuart Schweigert was fuming on the Omaha sidelines, trying to fire his guys up pointing out the Locos had 3rd stringers in the game in the 3rd quarter and that it was 'f---ing disrespectful and embarrassing'

So who are the 4 teams?

Omaha and? Does VA still have their team?

Yeah, my first pictures are vs Virginia team, the Destroyers. Omaha has the Nighthawks, Vegas the Locos, and Sacramento has the Mountain Lions.

Locos are dominating the league so far though, if they win a couple more I wouldn't be surprised if they truncated the season. A financially strapped league w/ 8 weeks of games probably can't afford to play several meaningless games. If Locos are just as dominant on the road this will become a decision they'll have to make pretty quickly.

Still don't see how they're making money, tickets are as low as FREE, and the paid tickets can be had for ~$12. There's no marketing other than viral/social, so they're only getting a couple thousand people to show up at a venue that costs $35k-100k/pop. Was $100k the first couple years when they were painting the fields and stuff. They're not doing that this season. I saw swag shops set up week 1, there were none this week.

Was surprised they came back for this season, will be more surprised if they come back next year (or play a full 8 games). Wouldn't be surprised if the league is almost completely funded by the CBSSports deal, which is airing all the games.

Next home game is on Halloween, not sure if we're going... but wife after going to this game (wasn't at week 1) thinks it may be fun to bring our then 16-month old in a costume. We'll certainly not be sitting in the front row in front of a 6 foot drop if that's the case ;)

After last night:

Locos 2-0
Nighthawks 1-1
Mountain Lions 0-1
Destroyers 0-1

The 2 0-1 teams play Friday on the former Versus network.

Next 3 games for Locos on the road, @ Lions, @ Nighthawks, @ Destroyers before hosting the Nighthawks again for Halloween.

After last night:

Locos 2-0
Nighthawks 1-1
Mountain Lions 0-1
Destroyers 0-1

The 2 0-1 teams play Friday on the former Versus network.

Next 3 games for Locos on the road, @ Lions, @ Nighthawks, @ Destroyers before hosting the Nighthawks again for Halloween.

One correction, the former Versus Network is NBC Sports Network. UFL games are on the CBS Sports network. FWIW, NBC Sports Network is showing a CFL game Friday night. They will be struggling for programming with the NHL lockout.

One correction, the former Versus Network is NBC Sports Network. UFL games are on the CBS Sports network. FWIW, NBC Sports Network is showing a CFL game Friday night. They will be struggling for programming with the NHL lockout.

Ah yeah you're right. UFL previously was on Versus year before last, it looks so much nicer with the CBS football presentation.

The UFL has apparently suspended operations as of 10/20 after playing only four weeks of a planned eight week regular season.

The UFL has apparently suspended operations as of 10/20 after playing only four weeks of a planned eight week regular season.

Didn't see that coming.:rolleyes:

Of course I'm being sarcastic.Surprised they even started a new season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts