UFL Football 2012!!!

http://www.omaha.com/article/20121020/SPORTS/121029896/1685

The United Football League insists its obituary is yet to be written despite the early shutdown of its season for the second straight year.

The UFL announced Saturday that it was suspending play after four games. In a press release, the league said it intends to play the final four games of the 2012 season next spring. The league also said it intends to play a fall season in 2013.

Attendance at games was sparse — Las Vegas drew 601 for its second home game, while Virginia did not announce attendance for Friday’s game against Sacramento because the crowd was so small. :eek:

Shocks me a little bit that the UFL is suspending operations. I say that because why bother starting a season if your going to cancel it after 4 games?

If the UFL wants to be successful start the season in the Spring and yes, they should expand because 4 teams will not cut it.

I still think the NFL needs a farm league.There were quite a few good to great players that came through the WFL.If they wanted to do it they have the money to make a nice product and as you said run it in the spring.

Teehar said:
I still think the NFL needs a farm league.There were quite a few good to great players that came through the WFL.If they wanted to do it they have the money to make a nice product and as you said run it in the spring.

I agree with you. Put 8-12 teams in mid markets like San Antonio, Sacramento, Columbus and Omaha. Play it in the spring. Charge around $20 for tickets and I think it could be a gold mine for the NFL.

Seems like there was a rumor at one point that the NFL was considering doing just that with the UFL but,it never took off.

I dont see how they will resume in the spring. I watched some of the UFL. It seemed like it was better in 2009. If they are going to succeed, they need promotion and to get the word out. What was it, 600 fans for a UFL game? They'll never succeed at that pace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)