Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Incident report: Evans tried to bargain his way out of DUI arrest *| ajc.com
http://www.ajc.com/multimedia/archive/00628/Read_arrest_report_628072a.pdf

This gets worse and worse...

UGA Athletic Director Damon Evans is arrested for DUI, evidently he tried to use his position to get a warning and also was holding the panties (at least they were Bulldog red) of the woman (not his wife) who was in the car with him.

Ironically they use a video of him warning about DUI before every game in Sanford Stadium.

There is no way Adams can't fire him, especially since one of the Governor's interns was killed by a drunk driver recently.

Damon_Evans_2010070_627134l.jpg

Some of the funniest quotes that you will ever see in a drunk driving story. Thank you Derwin0 for my new signature!

Here's the PSA of Damon Evans that they show on the jumbotron before every game at Sanford Stadium.

Somewhat ironic I think.

[YOUTUBE]3BEW6PHMXWk[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sure the Gator fans are going to have fun with this at next year's cocktail party. Every red pair of panties in Jacksonville will probably be thrown onto the field.

Evans’ settlement: 3 months salary plus previously earned $100,000 bonus | UGA sports blog

And Evans steps down. I am shocked. When Texas head baseball coach Augie Garrido got a DUI, he gave the most unconvincing apology you've ever seen and was suspended for the first series of the 2009 season, against Illinois Chicago. That's a three game suspension in a 56 game season.

It's nice to see someone in athletics in this country held accountable for his actions. I hope this guy can get his demons under control and land on his feet somewhere else.

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2010/07/05/athletic-board-meeting-about-to-begin/And Evans steps down. I am shocked. When Texas head baseball coach Augie Garrido got a DUI, he gave the most unconvincing apology you've ever seen and was suspended for the first series of the 2009 season, against Illinois Chicago. That's a three game suspension in a 56 game season.

It's nice to see someone in athletics in this country held accountable for his actions. I hope this guy can get his demons under control and land on his feet somewhere else.
It wasn't the DUI that got him fired. It was the police report showing he tried to use his position to get out of the DUI (might have worked with the local Athens PD, but not the State Troopers in Atlanta).

Things like that don't go over well with the State Board of Regents. Even if the University President was inclined to keep him, the Board of Regents would never have let that happen.