Uh Oh!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Did i somehow hit the wrong button and turn my guide white on my HR24. I don't see a setting to change it back. Anybody know?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0118.jpg
    IMAG0118.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 230
Sounds like a software malfunction. I have heard of that and resetting normally doesn't fix it. Unless someone else had a relevant solution, I would call DTV and have them send info to engineering/ software support. They should be able to fix it within 72 hours.

we need to know if you already did a red button reset. if you have then the next step could be re-downloading the national release.

It just did it again? I think HBO On demand chosen from within the scrolling guide (in the 500's) triggers it.

Last edited:
Or at least i think it is. I know i didn't update it. It says software: 0x59e, Sat 3/3, 3:09p.

Hey guys,
Im thinking that i should re-load the software on this funky HR24. How is that done. Would i need to put beta on it first.Then let it revert back to national or? Thanks

Kb Cool said:
Hey guys,
Im thinking that i should re-load the software on this funky HR24. How is that done. Would i need to put beta on it first.Then let it revert back to national or? Thanks

Nope, just reset the receiver and force a download, it'll pick up the NR

Okay, DL'ing now. (059E). Hopefully it does the trick. If not, i guess i can have directv send me a new one, even though i got this one thrown in for free at the time of my install?

It appears to have worked. I just went to HBO on demand and it didn' turn white! I give it a few days before jumping up and down and declaring victory.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)