UHD Signal Strength

Status
Please reply by conversation.

windicornr

Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
I have an oval dish with the triple LNBs and Toshiba DST-3000 HD receiver. The signal strengths on all of the HD channels (as well as non-HD) are good with exception of UHD (Channel 74). I vary from no picture to a very pixilated picture (occasionally) on UHD. I tried realignment of the dish but did not get any positive results.

I had no problem with the old BRAVO HD signal strength, but I must admit I did not watch much of the programming. Now that it has switched to UHD and changed the programming my interest is higher, but the signal strength is weaker.

Anybody out there have any idea what might be my problem?

If ONLY that chnl is doing it then maybe it could be the broadcast itself. Has it done it all day/night? I doubt your elliptical dish or LNBs are at fault if that is the only chnl.

windicornr said:
I have an oval dish with the triple LNBs and Toshiba DST-3000 HD receiver. The signal strengths on all of the HD channels (as well as non-HD) are good with exception of UHD (Channel 74). I vary from no picture to a very pixilated picture (occasionally) on UHD. I tried realignment of the dish but did not get any positive results.

I had no problem with the old BRAVO HD signal strength, but I must admit I did not watch much of the programming. Now that it has switched to UHD and changed the programming my interest is higher, but the signal strength is weaker.

Anybody out there have any idea what might be my problem?
I see no change in signal strengths. I have no problem with channel. What has happened to your system?

Ever since the change from Bravo to UHD, I haven't been able to pick up UHD - It's on the guide and in fact it's on my upstairs TV, but no picture - It's black and then reads searching for Satellite - Called Directv they were no help - Had me reset my Hughes STB but nothing - Stilkl on guide still no picture still no help from DTV

Exactly........I am glad I am not alone. UHD is on my program guide, but no picture - it is black and then reads searching for satellite. Right after they did the switch, I got a pixillated picture, but nothing the past few days. Directv gave me the same advice about unplugging receiver to reset, but it does not work. STRANGE!!!!

Uhd pixelates for me only on their little "UHD Promo" - not on the actual programs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)