uhf antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
Hello, was wondering if a dishnetwork uhf antenna will work on a dsr 922 4dtv reciever i'm currently watching one on ebay but it looks like there is no uhf antenna.

I have dish network and a DSR920 and the antennas look exactly, and I mean exactly the same. I would be surprised if it didn't work.

Can't you make one out of a large paperclip, a plastic bead, and a used connector? - :D
. . . or maybe a length of music-wire from a hobby-shop.

Is lack of that little antenna really a concern?

edit: sorry, don't mean to be rude.
Just seems like something easy enough to fashion if it's missing.
And I think DishStore may even sell them...

Can't you make one out of a large paperclip, a plastic bead, and a used connector? - :D
. . . or maybe a length of music-wire from a hobby-shop.

Is lack of that little antenna really a concern?

edit: sorry, don't mean to be rude.
Just seems like something easy enough to fashion if it's missing.
And I think DishStore may even sell them...

No it's not really a big deal i more or less was just wondering if a dishnetwork one would work because it would be an easy fix.

Hello, was wondering if a dishnetwork uhf antenna will work on a dsr 922 4dtv reciever i'm currently watching one on ebay but it looks like there is no uhf antenna.
A very simple solution ......JUST EMAIL HIM AND ASK!

Last edited:
the antennas are universal so as long as the receiver can support it, then it will work just fine :)

It's easy enough to make one out of a piece of coax if the jack is an F connector like most are.

I have a DN 222 receiver located in the bedroom, and my wife sometimes watches the second tuner in the living room. She was having some trouble with the remote not responding properly. I used a piece of coax from the UHF antenna jack and ran it into the basement and tacked it to a floor joist at a point under her chair. I cut the jacket and braid and left a length of center conductor that was close to the length of the little antenna...no more problem...

It's easy enough to make one out of a piece of coax if the jack is an F connector like most are.

I have a DN 222 receiver located in the bedroom, and my wife sometimes watches the second tuner in the living room. She was having some trouble with the remote not responding properly. I used a piece of coax from the UHF antenna jack and ran it into the basement and tacked it to a floor joist at a point under her chair. I cut the jacket and braid and left a length of center conductor that was close to the length of the little antenna...no more problem...

ditto
did the same with the 622

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)