UHF Remote Kit for 211K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have asked three or four Dish retailers if UHF was available for my 211k. All said no, one referred me to Radio Shack, who knew nada. I have been told by a Dish CS guy that a UHF remote will be released soon, but I'm guessing that may require a new receiver. Any way I can get hold of a conversion kit for our 211k? Thanks.

I have asked three or four Dish retailers if UHF was available for my 211k. All said no, one referred me to Radio Shack, who knew nada. I have been told by a Dish CS guy that a UHF remote will be released soon, but I'm guessing that may require a new receiver. Any way I can get hold of a conversion kit for our 211k? Thanks.
Try reading the post above by Zach

I was looking for the same thing 3 weeks ago when i dropped a HD Duo DVR and used my 2nd receiver a 211K to output to a total of 3 rooms. The two rooms share a UHF kit remote.
I called Dish when I pulled the 3rd receiver off my account and the person remembered sending them to people but was nolonger in their system to send out.
I got mine from Amazon - was like 45$ and I couldn't justify paying that but I signed up for the amazon rewards visa and got instantly a $30 discount on my purchase. Obviously that may not make sense for everyone but it worked out for me I plan on using the card now as my primary card anyway.

NOTE, this UHF kit is a little irritating how they made it, none of the existing UHF remotes work with it, its on its own band. You can only get more remotes by buying more whole KITS :) also means dont go buy an ebay kit that doesn't have a remote that I've seen some people try to sell. I tried my UHF remotes from my VIP622s a bunch and it never worked and then I saw plenty of records online saying only the remote that comes with it will work with it. So both rooms it outputs to via coax share the single remote.

NextGen makes a IR to UHF adapter kit that replaces a battery in the IR remote. Works with both AA and AAA batteries and a IR remote. I use one with my TiVo to control the unit from any place in the house. Once you have the main unit/battery recharger you can buy just the UHF units to use in other remotes.