UHF Remote Problems

dcferson

Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Denver
I just had service installed yesterday and everything was fine untill I tried to relocate my 722 receiver. I let the tech know that I was planning on doing this so he gave me a second UHF remote for TV1. My remote for TV2 works fine no problems there. Now my TV1 remote works fine when the box was in the same room as the remote but as soon as I relocated the box to a different room the remote doesn't work as if it is not sending UHF signals. When I bring up the system info it is still showing TV1 Remote as IR. I've changed the address several times and it still shows as being an IR although the address does change each time. It does have a black key card on one side that says UHF and a blue side that say #2 Uhf Pro. I have it with the black side up. I have not tried the blue side since my other remote has the blue side installed. Is there something I am not doing right? Help Please!!

Well, he could use what he has, with the caveat being that he'll have two remotes that say "2". You do this simply by flipping over the key, and reassigning the channel for TV1 to something other than "1".

What I did to make this a little easier for other family members was to flip the key over, insert it thereby selecting UHF, and then taking it out and carving on it so that it won't work at all, and then reinserting it with the "2" upright. Then you have two properly labelled UHF remotes at no additional cost.

Thanks for both responses. I just happen to work a couple of buildings down from the main warehouse in Denver so I just ran over there to see if they happen to have an extra green UHF key lying around and they gave me a green key that has UHF Pro listed on one side and just a number 1 on the other side. Both sides are green. If for some reason this one doesn't work then I will give Krell's solution a shot.

Argh! I can't edit my post now, but I meant to type "reinserting it with the '1' upright". Does that make sense now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts