UHF/VHF Antenna

j.thompson1

Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Southern California
I'm looking to buy a new UHF/VHF antenna to get maximum number of channels (including HD) and also peek on the signal. I have attached a document showing broadcasting stations in my area. Which antenna would you recommend for my area?

Attachments

• AntennaWeb.pdf
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,308
Every LA station is strong. A compact outdoor antenna will receive them all. Some suggested VHF/UHF antennas, in order of performance and quality:

* Winegard HD-7694P
* AntennaCraft HBU-22
* Radio Shack VU-90XR

The least expensive one is the HBU-22. Any of these will provide flawless reception for up to 2 TVs without needing an amplifier. You might even be able to put three sets on the Winegard.

Good choice! Many believe the 7694 is the best all-channel antenna available at such a modest price. Mounted above the roof, it should have no trouble feeding two TVs by itself. Use RG-6 coax to connect the antenna with the splitter and TVs. Any company that sells the 7694 will also carry RG-6 and the 2:1 coax splitter you need.

I end-up buying Channel Master 3018 antenna. I'm planning on installing it in couple of days. What is the best way to align/position this antenna.
If I understand your question you point the narrow (front) of the antenna at 276 degrees on a compass for a starting point. Your TV or converter box hopefully has a signal strength indicator that you can use to fine tune for highest average strength.:)