UHF/VHF Antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

j.thompson1

Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Southern California
I'm looking to buy a new UHF/VHF antenna to get maximum number of channels (including HD) and also peek on the signal. I have attached a document showing broadcasting stations in my area. Which antenna would you recommend for my area?

Attachments

• AntennaWeb.pdf
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,307
Every LA station is strong. A compact outdoor antenna will receive them all. Some suggested VHF/UHF antennas, in order of performance and quality:

* Winegard HD-7694P
* AntennaCraft HBU-22
* Radio Shack VU-90XR

The least expensive one is the HBU-22. Any of these will provide flawless reception for up to 2 TVs without needing an amplifier. You might even be able to put three sets on the Winegard.

Good choice! Many believe the 7694 is the best all-channel antenna available at such a modest price. Mounted above the roof, it should have no trouble feeding two TVs by itself. Use RG-6 coax to connect the antenna with the splitter and TVs. Any company that sells the 7694 will also carry RG-6 and the 2:1 coax splitter you need.

I end-up buying Channel Master 3018 antenna. I'm planning on installing it in couple of days. What is the best way to align/position this antenna.
If I understand your question you point the narrow (front) of the antenna at 276 degrees on a compass for a starting point. Your TV or converter box hopefully has a signal strength indicator that you can use to fine tune for highest average strength.:)