Ultimate Pet Peeve - the word 'THE' in alphabetical listings . . .

My absolute favorite,you're out on the road,nobody in front and more important,nobody behind you.When some moron just has to jump out of their side road/driveway/parking lot,to get in front of you and then proceed to mosey along 30mph under posted speed.Oh,and of course there is no place to pass.:rant:

Dumb and Dumber: We will hosst (host) and anewl (annual) meeting of taha tahe (the) international preservations society tomorrow night :)
Point of the story that needs better teaching than a DVR.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last edited:
Driving on a four lane high way, not an interstate. I'm in the right hand lane and someone comes up behind me and passes me on the left. They then proceed to turn on the blinker to turn right off the highway.

WHY PASS ME?

Drives me crazy and is damn dangerous. Plus they saved themselves maybe 5 seconds.

My absolute favorite,you're out on the road,nobody in front and more important,nobody behind you.When some moron just has to jump out of their side road/driveway/parking lot,to get in front of you and then proceed to mosey along 30mph under posted speed.Oh,and of course there is no place to pass.:rant:
That just happened to me at lunch today! A van blew threw a stop and pulled in front of me and then proceeded to drive at 15 mph. If someone is in that much of a hurry that they just have to pull in front of me, fine, but that was just a~~holish. At least he wasn't driving all the way into town!

That just happened to me at lunch today! A van blew threw a stop and pulled in front of me and then proceeded to drive at 15 mph. If someone is in that much of a hurry that they just have to pull in front of me, fine, but that was just a~~holish. At least he wasn't driving all the way into town!

I wish I had a dollar for everytime this has happened to me when I am the ONLY car in sight. They can't wait the extra 3 seconds for me to go by and then they've got the road to themselves, but have to jump ahead of me and then putt. Happened to me this morning on the way to work and because it's cold and they hadn't warmed their car, I had the pleasure of the exhaust screen smoking the road until thier car warmed up. There was a long line of traffic that I had been following and NO ONE behind me! They figured there was enough room to squeeze between me and the car in front of me and then I have to slow way down till they can get up and running. Very frustrating.

People who use the center turn lane as an on ramp. No, not sitting in the lane waiting for an opening to merge into, but driving up to full speed in the center lane just to get around someone when there is no one else behind them. I'm waiting to witness the accident with someone who is legitimately sitting in the lane up ahead waiting to turn left.

People who use the center turn lane as an on ramp. No, not sitting in the lane waiting for an opening to merge into, but driving up to full speed in the center lane just to get around someone when there is no one else behind them. I'm waiting to witness the accident with someone who is legitimately sitting in the lane up ahead waiting to turn left.
Center lane? Around here, they merge onto the highway, then immediately slide over to the left lane, as if the center guardrail is a giant monster magnet. Of course, once in the left lane, proceed at 5 mph under the limit.

Center lane? Around here, they merge onto the highway, then immediately slide over to the left lane, as if the center guardrail is a giant monster magnet. Of course, once in the left lane, proceed at 5 mph under the limit.
It appears to be what they're teaching drivers in Oregon these days. I'm sorry to hear that the infection has spread to California.

People who don't return carriages to the carriage return area. Come on you just walked around a big store, pushed the cart to your car passing maybe 3 carriage return spots, and can't manage to walk 10 feet back to the area to return the cart?
It makes the parking lot a mess..... Nah I'm not really worried about them rolling into my truck, but I did see one rolled up against another car today and that's what made me think of this thread.... I think it's just lazy and discourteous.

Knew a guy in college convinced that the car coming onto the highway had the right of way over cars already on the highway. The YIELD sign was for the other guy.