UltimateTV DVR 2nd tunrer not working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

isfry

Original poster
May 16, 2005
We have been having a problem with the 2nd tuner on our UltimateTV box. We called directv and they said it is a known problem on their end and will be fixed soon. anyone else heard this? I normally don't think this but i get the feeling they were just trying to get us off the phone and didn't want to replace it.

I have heard that the fix is to move you to the TiVo platform :( I read in another forum that that will stop supporting the UTV service very soon. On the bright side I have had both and the only thing TiVo does not have is PIP built in to the DVR. The other features were well worth the trade-off.

Well going to the TIVO is not bad I have a 2nd box on that tv for HD and the tv have PIP so i can live with out that and i can live without the webtv stuff so if they are going to send me a new tivo box i will not mind that.

slacker9876 said:
I have heard that the fix is to move you to the TiVo platform :( I read in another forum that that will stop supporting the UTV service very soon. On the bright side I have had both and the only thing TiVo does not have is PIP built in to the DVR. The other features were well worth the trade-off.
that is not true!!!
Op what kind of problem's are we talking about?

I called them up a 2nd time a few days abo and they replaced it with a Tivo. I do have the equipment replacement plan so it might of been done under that program but they did replace it with a 40GB Tivo model. They also did not request the old unit to be shipped back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts