Ultra 4khd now on netflix app on hopper 3 dvr

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
good morning some exciting news right now ultra4k is now on the netlifx app you can check out i think it has to something with the new update on the new hopper 3 dvr that came this morning i want to let you know about it.could you guys do me a favor and move the netflix app to the rest of the apps.anyone check if they got the netflix app on the 4k joeys yet?

Thanks

Allen bluegras culver

Last edited:
Just tried on my H3, nope, not showing 4K working. So reset the H3 to see if that would kick things into action....

Well now. After reset, now getting 'refresh in progress' at the last part. Things might be looking up! NOPE! :(

On the off-chance the TV wasn't getting along with this, I checked on the FireTV with Netflix. Yep, 4K there, just not on the H3. So a total reset of my AV equipment just for the halibut! Nope, still no joy. :(

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Just tried on my H3, nope, not showing 4K working. So reset the H3 to see if that would kick things into action....

Well now. After reset, now getting 'refresh in progress' at the last part. Things might be looking up! NOPE! :(

On the off-chance the TV wasn't getting along with this, I checked on the FireTV with Netflix. Yep, 4K there, just not on the H3. So a total reset of my AV equipment just for the halibut! Nope, still no joy. :(

what is your version of the software that you have?it is fine on mine you guys know already i do not have enough bandwidth speed to do ultra4khd but it is nice to let you guys know about it,.

U307, the latest one and I do have the bandwidth for it.

Actually I'm surprised that Netflix would show you 4K because they test the speed and if it isn't enough, then the shows won't show UHD as even being available. Exactly where are you seeing an indication of 4K working?

A little followup. I can search for 4K video on Netflix, and it does show a grid of them, but if I try to play any of them, they come in 1080p. And in the opening screen for the video it doesn't show UHD/4K only HD.

you may need to set your settings to high so it will show on the app one of the netflix csr told me about it when i chatted with them a week ago.,

Btw 4K Netflix should look like this.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1458226095.205430.jpg

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1458226113.453037.jpg

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1458226126.441753.jpg

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1458226143.069727.jpg

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1458226161.645797.jpg

Reactions: bluegras
If its not playing in 4K I would try a different HDMI cable. :)

It does play 4K just fine. It just doesn't play 4K from Netflix. And Alan can say whatever he wants to, if he doesn't have the bandwidth, Netflix will not give him UHD except from a search, and that only titles and icons.

EDIT: OK folks, here is the way it is. I have the bandwidth for 4K, I have a Netflix sub which covers it and can see 4K Netflix on FireTV, my H3 is set to support that output. BUT, it does not do 4K Netflix.

Alan says it will but he has no way at all to confirm that. He doesn't have the bandwidth and Netflix checks that before it will show the actual show in UHD. I think he did a search and found 4K videos, that has always been possible. It just won't show them in 4K yet.

Note only Alan has said it is there.

Just got off the phone with Netflix. They confirmed I have the right subscription, I have my account set to the proper setting and they HAVE NOT yet updated the software on the H3 to support 4K.

When I now go to Netflix channel 370 it appears to be in 4 k but then it causes my hopper 3 to reboot. I guess there's a bug in it. It was working fine on old software but not now.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I had to move my H3 from going to the AVR to direct to the TV to get it to work. My guess is that both the 4K VOD and 4K Netflix are using the latest HDCP and even in bypass mode, which did work before today, it won't now.

Carrying on from that, it seems that all along the problem wasn't actually the Netflix issue, but that the H3 was not using the latest PITA HDCP specs.

So I am confused...

People are telling me 4K on Netflix is working... yet some from DISH are telling me Netflix 4K is not enabled yet so I am not sure what's up. is it working or not? (I am not home to check)

Reactions: charlesrshell
I had to move my H3 from going to the AVR to direct to the TV to get it to work. My guess is that both the 4K VOD and 4K Netflix are using the latest HDCP and even in bypass mode, which did work before today, it won't now.

Carrying on from that, it seems that all along the problem wasn't actually the Netflix issue, but that the H3 was not using the latest PITA HDCP specs.

I have an Onkyo 646 that supports hdcp 2.2 and still can't get it to work. I've also tried direct hookup to the tv. My HDMI cables are high speed. Nothing. My bandwidth is 200 down. But I can't even get 4K on demand to work. I get a bandwidth error.

Scott, it is working. But if you are going from H3 to AVR to TV you might run into issues that I did.
Now that I have the H3 direct to the TV, 4K works in Netflix.

I have an Onkyo 646 that supports hdcp 2.2 and still can't get it to work. I've also tried direct hookup to the tv. My HDMI cables are high speed. Nothing. My bandwidth is 200 down. But I can't even get 4K on demand to work. I get a bandwidth error.
I think the 646 is like my Denon S900, about a 1/2 step behind. Take the H3 straight to the TV and it will probably do 4K as mine does.

And if you take H3 HDMI to TV and then optical audio back to Onkyo you'll have as good audio assuming your tv supports DD out on its optical.

Try setting your AVR HDMI 4k/60p setting to 4:2:0 and it should work. Mine was set to 4:4:4 and Netflix stopped working after the update. After changing the setting to 4:2:0 Netflix works in 4k.

I think the 646 is like my Denon S900, about a 1/2 step behind. Take the H3 straight to the TV and it will probably do 4K as mine does.

And if you take H3 HDMI to TV and then optical audio back to Onkyo you'll have as good audio assuming your tv supports DD out on its optical.

I've tried straight to the tv and had no luck. I know 100% that the 646 supports 2.2 as the first 3 HDMI inputs are labeled hdcp 2.2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts