umbrella dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had one like that back in the late 80's. I don't remember how I got it, but it was sold (I think) by some televangelist so people on the road could pick him up on satellite as they traveled, which is when I used it. I used to do a LOT of traveling in the summer as a photographer (thus the name here) and I used to set this up when I stayed in my camper in KOA camps. I was usually the most liked guy in the camp, 'cuz I was the only one with working TV. I remember setting this up in Leroy NY when I was working in Rochester, only one OTA channel and that was total snow on a good day, so I set up the dish, put the TV right inside the door and was sitting at the park type bench as the sun went down.

Something funny was on TV and I heard a lot of giggling, and turned to see all the kids and many grownups too were sitting on the ground in a semi-circle watching my TV.

Brings back some wonderful memories of a better time and a different place. Thank you.

Photto

I had one like that back in the late 80's. I don't remember how I got it, but it was sold (I think) by some televangelist so people on the road could pick him up on satellite as they traveled, which is when I used it. I used to do a LOT of traveling in the summer as a photographer (thus the name here) and I used to set this up when I stayed in my camper in KOA camps. I was usually the most liked guy in the camp, 'cuz I was the only one with working TV. I remember setting this up in Leroy NY when I was working in Rochester, only one OTA channel and that was total snow on a good day, so I set up the dish, put the TV right inside the door and was sitting at the park type bench as the sun went down.

Something funny was on TV and I heard a lot of giggling, and turned to see all the kids and many grownups too were sitting on the ground in a semi-circle watching my TV.

Brings back some wonderful memories of a better time and a different place. Thank you.

Photto

I'd love to have one of these for camping. I wonder if there are any US distributors for this product. A kU version would be nice too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)