Unable to Change Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

malt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
I don't know if I'm missing something, or if my Hopper is acting weird. This evening I was recording PTAT, and PBS via OTA from 8-9. I should have had 2 free tuners, but when I tried to watch ESPN, it kept going to the TV Viewing Status screen. The screen was showing that the two tuners that should have been free were tuned to the RSNs that we had on earlier in the day for some baseball games, which of course were long over by 8pm. I would select one of those tuners and then try to change the channel but it kept taking me back to the same TV Viewing Status. This is about the fourth time in the last couple of weeks that this happened. A reset usually takes care of it, but then I miss a few minutes of what is currently being recorded. It's a real pain. Oh good, now as I'm typing I had the Hopper paused, and after a few minutes, it just shut off. It did it twice in the last few minutes. This can't be good. Has anyone else had this tuning problem.

Last edited:
I don't know if I'm missing something, or if my Hopper is acting weird. This evening I was recording PTAT, and PBS via OTA from 8-9. I should have had 2 free tuners, but when I tried to watch ESPN, it kept going to the TV Viewing Status screen. The screen was showing that the two tuners that should have been free were tuned to the RSNs that we had on earlier in the day for some baseball games, which of course were long over by 8pm. I would select one of those tuners and then try to change the channel but it kept taking me back to the same TV Viewing Status. This is about the fourth time in the last couple of weeks that this happened. A reset usually takes care of it, but then I miss a few minutes of what is currently being recorded. It's a real pain. Oh good, now as I'm typing I had the Hopper paused, and after a few minutes, it just shut off. It did it twice in the last few minutes. This can't be good. Has anyone else had this tuning problem.

I thought I put this in the Hopper Zone, and I don't know how to move it. My apologies.

If it says (in the red-button status screen) that both are recording then you need to select each and stop it.
After that you may need to delete the big recordings started earlier.
To stop a recording you need to connect to it first and then do the stop there.
That's all I can think of. Worst comes to worst, reboot to stop them. Use the red button behind the front door.
-Ken

Remember that you have to be in Live mode to change the channel. If you backed up to replay something you won't be able to change the channel.

At the times that I have this problem, nothing is recording on either of the tuners, and the screen doesn't say that anything is recording. A reboot solves the problem, but of course it messes up whatever is currently recording on PTAT. I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that the two tuners were tuned to RSNs that were not airing anything at the time because the ballgames were over. I'm just guessing here. It's becoming very annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts