Unable to get Blockbuster Movie Pass or other online content

uponthemountain

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Goode VA
I have a 722K that refuses to give me online content.

It has been this way for quite a while, and I have ignore it ... but now, I would like to try and use the Blockbuster Move Pass ... but no joy.

Yes, back when this first happened, I contacted dish support via chat and phone, 3 times. And after many of the same old reboots, resets, check switches, pull the power cords ... still no joy.

I can confirm via menu, system setup, installation, Boradband setup,network setup ... that I am "connected online". I have an IP, the subnet is correct as is the DNS ... and I can "see" the ip connection from my router ... and watch it go away if I unplug.

One of the things to note, is that I did have it connected to a sling power adapter early on, and it worked fine back then ( I used it in the very, very beginning of online content software )
I have retried the sling since then, still no joy.

It is hard connected to the switch right .

Anyways, anybody got any ideas or tests for me?

Thanks in advance for any help!

What are you not seeing that you expect to see (or what are seeing that you didn't expect)?

Have you tried Dish Platinum from the DVR menu?

I see zero content from any of the online features.
For example,
When I go to Blockbuster Movie Pass, I see a big blank empty gray square on the left, and the "New Releases" section withing that gray square is quite empty.
When I click on "Show Results" ...
I see "Processing your request..." in the top of the content area, but nothing every shows up.

"dont got no dish platinum round here". :)

Where do I find that?

Using software version L688 on a 722K

have you rebooted your modem and your router, and anything else that your box might have a net work connection with?

just cause you see that your are "connected", you may still need your IP refreshed on the network.

I'd start with disconnecting my cable modem, or whatever you use to connect to the internet, disconnect any routers or switches that are on your network, wait 60 seconds, then re-connect your modem , your router, then your switches, THEN your box, at the very end. Wait a few minutes for every thing to sync up, and see if it works then. You should have a new IP address, and maybe then things will be working properly for you..

Its a pain, but worth a shot, to eliminate any home network issue as the cause of the problem

Can you please send me your account information? The Dish platinum or the Movie Pass would be on your receiver DVR options. Do you have those available to you. The Blockbuster Movie Pass site needs to be setup through your DISH Network account so it can link the account. Have you tried any of these options? When you log into DISH Online - Your TV Everywhere. Watch. Record. Rent., do you get access to your account?

Yes, I have restarted and reset everything involved on multiple occasions.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the networking, everything looks as it should.

I can login to the dishonline site, and I can do things like see the actual contents of my dvr.

I can even use the iphone dish app to see my dvr content.

I have "setup" the Movie Pass site, and have items in my queue.

"All Movies" new Releases, Special Offers, Explore Movies, Search Movies and My Rentals are all empty,
"You do not have any titles"

"All TV Shows" Most Popular, Browse by Network, Explore Tv Shows, Search TV Shows, My Rentals are all empty,
"Networks: 0 ", "You do not have any titles" ...

"Midnight Lounge" Featured, Explore Movies, Search Movies, My Rentals ... all empty

On the main DVR menu, the "New Releases", does have 4 images representing: "Beast Beneath", "Scre4m", "Fast Five", "Thor"
But when I click on any of the 4 ... I get "You do not have any titles ...."

re: account info .... Who, How and What would I provide to the forum's "official dishnetwork" support? Is there someone online Sat during the day Eastern Time?

Last edited:
Whats the difference between dish platinum and Blockbuster movie pass. I recently replaced the receiver. The old receiver showed Movie Pass on the DVR options. The new receiver shows Dish Platinum. Any difference??

Yes, DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) is noramally monitoring the sites everyday of the week from 6:00am to 11:15pm (MST) If you go to the forum home page and scroll to the bottom, our names appear in red and if you click on a name an option should appear to "Send Private Message". Please include a brief description of the problem and your phone # or account # so we can review your account and help resolve your issue.

Raymond will be here tomorrow afternoon so this might help, thanks.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/private.php?do=newpm&u=168696

Yes, I have restarted and reset everything involved on multiple occasions.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the networking, everything looks as it should.

I can login to the dishonline site, and I can do things like see the actual contents of my dvr.

I can even use the iphone dish app to see my dvr content.

I have "setup" the Movie Pass site, and have items in my queue.

"All Movies" new Releases, Special Offers, Explore Movies, Search Movies and My Rentals are all empty,
"You do not have any titles"

"All TV Shows" Most Popular, Browse by Network, Explore Tv Shows, Search TV Shows, My Rentals are all empty,
"Networks: 0 ", "You do not have any titles" ...

"Midnight Lounge" Featured, Explore Movies, Search Movies, My Rentals ... all empty

On the main DVR menu, the "New Releases", does have 4 images representing: "Beast Beneath", "Scre4m", "Fast Five", "Thor"
But when I click on any of the 4 ... I get "You do not have any titles ...."

re: account info .... Who, How and What would I provide to the forum's "official dishnetwork" support? Is there someone online Sat during the day Eastern Time?

Whats the difference between dish platinum and Blockbuster movie pass. I recently replaced the receiver. The old receiver showed Movie Pass on the DVR options. The new receiver shows Dish Platinum. Any difference??

The service is the same but not all the receivers have gotten the software upgrade to change the name to Blockbuster Movie Pass but all the features are there except with the ViP922 and the ViP612 receivers. We are working on getting those set up.

I have a 722K that refuses to give me online content.

It has been this way for quite a while, and I have ignore it ... but now, I would like to try and use the Blockbuster Move Pass ... but no joy.

Yes, back when this first happened, I contacted dish support via chat and phone, 3 times. And after many of the same old reboots, resets, check switches, pull the power cords ... still no joy.

I can confirm via menu, system setup, installation, Boradband setup,network setup ... that I am "connected online". I have an IP, the subnet is correct as is the DNS ... and I can "see" the ip connection from my router ... and watch it go away if I unplug.

One of the things to note, is that I did have it connected to a sling power adapter early on, and it worked fine back then ( I used it in the very, very beginning of online content software )
I have retried the sling since then, still no joy.

It is hard connected to the switch right .

Anyways, anybody got any ideas or tests for me?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dish network rcvrs are not designed to work with ethernet switches. Try a normal router. Also, if you go back to using slinglink make sure you have both the slinglink and the electrical cord of your rcvr plugged directly into a wall outlet; no surge protectors/powerstrips.

Last edited:
niemand, thanks for the feedback .. but ... an "ethernet switch" will not impact a dish receiver in any way.

In my case, the networking is working well. as an example to prove it, I can use the iphone dish app to remote control my receiver.

Uponthemountain is right. Everything other than mobile equipment in my home is hardwired to unmanaged GigE switches several layers deep before they go into my router. The latter has a pusillanimous 4, count them four, GigE ports. :( No issues with my switches.

i was told to make sure there were no timers set between 4AM and 10 AM because that is when that content is pushed out to the receivers and to leave the receiver in standbye. Also are you able to send status? menu 6-3/analysis/send status/connection. that will show you if your receiver is able to actualy send/receive data. I'm not so sure that the connection tab in that next menu does anything more than detects a connection. you can check signal and then send the data to verify the packets/data is transmitted. although i can't say for sure if it transfers that info through the sat or the BB connection. edit: i just did it myself.... it took a long time to connect to send the info which leads me to believe its sat and it did send.. but im not dc my logitech to see if it will pass without the BB conn or not. if that fails you more than likely have a networking/firewall/equipment issue. I had a problem much like yours and spent a time or 2 calling, then my info just randomly appeared one day and haven't had an issue since.

edit: and i meant equipment issue like a non compliant switch/router/cable or one of the ports needs to be opened up on the firewall or something.

hope i helped! i'm not sure if it made much sense but its what i can remember from the troubleshooting i went through

Last edited:
Thanks.
I had not tried the analysis and send data test, so I went ahead and gave it a shot.
It took a a bit, but all green when finished, and confirmed.

It is rare that I have an active timer between 4 am and 10 am, but randomly, I do have timers in that period that are "skipped" ( re-runs, and the like ) I hope the content download logic is such that it can handle the occasional skipped timer. Expescially since most days have no timers or other activity between 4am and 6am ( somewhere around 6 am, we are up drinking coffee and watching the news )

Is the content available via the "revue" ... is that something worth considering? ( dont have a smart tv )

I'm trying to see if I have a path that allows me to drop netflix and go backto dish only. Trying out the DVD exchange program now to see how it compares.

Short answer regarding Netflix replacement: yes on the DVD's by mail, no on the streaming (other than via Dish DVR receivers). Since I never liked the PQ I was getting on my Netflix streaming devices, this is a win-win for me. PQ, even on SD streams to my 722, are quite good. Plus I have 3 BBMP-capable receivers, which is more than I ever had with Netflix streaming devices.

sounds a lot better than using a wii. :)

looks like i will have to replace the receiver in order to get this to work.

I'm not looking forward to that ... I have a ton of content, and a ton of timers ... major pain to transfer, and/or clear out content from old ... and get all the timers back in to a new.

Replace the receiver? I think Dish needs to get more streaming content, and you need to get a firmware update. If you do have to get the receiver replaced, just move your programs to an EHD and your timers to your remote. Still a bit of a pain, but at least you can do that with your Dish tech.

Yeah, I would have never thought that in order to fix they would have to replace ... I guess its easier for them, than doing a special hit to my reciever to address whatever is out of whack. got 0 where there should be a one, somewhere in there. :)

Anyways,
I've already started the EHD transfers of the content I'm not expecting to watch soon ... just praying for no issues.

Been quite a while since I've done the remote transfer thing, is it reliable these days?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)