Unable to pair new remote (54.3) with Joey 2!!

Yeah, I don't see the purpose of it. I've read before that the buffer is so that you can turn the receiver back on quicker if you did not intend to turn it off or get to another TV and join the same tuner so that it does not get used up by lets say a recording. One minute for some might not be enough to relocate. And it doesn't explain why the 52/50 just shuts the receiver off either.

Shoot Ethan, you are correct. I waited after tv and sound bar were off. Then, the green light on Joey turned itself off After about 50-60 seconds. I grabbed the old remote, 52, and did the same thing. I turned on tv and sound bar with Tv power button on remote, then pressed ’select’ on remote. Joey was on. When I pressed power button for Joey on remote, it was off right away and the green light was gone,too. No delay. Dish must have programmed the newest remotes differently. Perhaps, there is a logical reason why such delay exists. I appreciate it.
The reason for the delay is to allow you to pause a program on that Joey and then move to another TV and join the program without losing your buffer. Of course one minute might defeat that whole idea.

If you mean the green light on the Joey stays on that’s normal. The Joey will stay on for one minute after getting an off command (and if the tv remains on, you also get the “Joey will soon go into standby” message thing). Go ahead and give it another shot, then count to 60 and see if it stays on
That's actually 5 minutes.

If the errant remote worked on another Joey, then keep it there and try THAT remote on the Joey yo uwere having problems with

Reactions: charlesrshell
Received the remote 54 today. It shows 54.0 in the back, also inside above the batteries. The one I purchased from ebay also shows 54.0, but 54.3 inside. The ebay remote has 3 colored circles underneath the logo 'dish' in the front.
It paired with Joey2 at my first attempt.
I am getting familiar with this remote. easy to change satellite channels. It doesn't change the ota channels. When I say 0181 for ota 18-1 it goes to 181 or closest channel. I must be doing something wrong.
It won't increase/decrease volume. A message on tv shows 'this functionality is not currently supported. Please try it again.'

I tried to activate with iphone google assistant app for some google features. The phone app fails to acknowledge wifi connection. (Both joey and iphone are connected to same network.). This is something to deal with in the future. At this moment, I am glad the remote works.

Thanks for all the help.

Received the remote 54 today. It shows 54.0 in the back, also inside above the batteries. The one I purchased from ebay also shows 54.0, but 54.3 inside. The ebay remote has 3 colored circles underneath the logo 'dish' in the front.
I am getting familiar with this remote. easy to change satellite channels. It doesn't change the ota channels. When I say 0181 for ota 18-1 it goes to 181 or closest channel. I must be doing something wrong.
It won't increase/decrease volume. A message on tv shows 'this functionality is not currently supported. Please try it again.'

I tried to activate with iphone google assistant app for some google features. The phone app fails to acknowledge wifi connection. (Both joey and iphone are connected to same network.). This is something to deal with in the future. At this moment, I am glad the remote works.

Thanks for all the help.
Did you get CEC to work?

Charles, when I checked it, it was already on.

One more thing. Joey2 diagnostics lists all 3 remotes now. They are all functioning. 52 that came with joey, 40 from old days and the newest 54.3.

Charles, when I checked it, it was already on.

One more thing. Joey2 diagnostics lists all 3 remotes now. They are all functioning. 52 that came with joey, 40 from old days and the newest 54.3.
But is your CEC working? Does your remote turn on and off both TV and Hopper?

Reactions: Tampa8

Thanks for all the help.
The voice doesn't work on local channels.

Try pressing 01801 to see if you get to the channel you are looking for. If you look in the guide you will notice that OTA channels carry 01, 02 designations.

Have you programmed your new remote for the television you have it hooked up to? That is necessary. You do that by pressing Home twice, Settings, Remote Control, TV, TV Pairing Wizard, and then finding your TV make, Search For Model, Enter your TVs model number, do the tests, and then press Finished.

But is your CEC working? Does your remote turn on and off both TV and Hopper?
Yes, it is. When I press power button to turn off tv and Joey on remote 54, tv is off immediately. Then, Joey2 turns itself off after 45-60 seconds. I tried with two new remotes, 54, at two different locations, basement and kitchen. Same result. (Still have old model 52 remotes). those remotes have separate power buttons for tv and Joey2. I always turn off Joey2 first, then tv. I will use whichever remote is nearby.

Try pressing 01801 to see if you get to the channel you are looking for. If you look in the guide you will notice that OTA channels carry 01, 02 designations.

Have you programmed your new remote for the television you have it hooked up to? That is necessary. You do that by pressing Home twice, Settings, Remote Control, TV, TV Pairing Wizard, and then finding your TV make, Search For Model, Enter your TVs model number, do the tests, and then press Finished.
thanks Bobby. The buttons on new remote 54 are working fine for ota channels. As you taught me before, I always press 0 first. So, for channel 36-2 I press 0 3 6 2. And, it goes there. I was curious with voice command. I press and hold the mic button, say 'go to channel 209 (or tune to 209), google voice command changes channel to 209. I just don't know what to say for local ota channels. If I say 0362, it goes to 362 (if that channels exists and I am subscribed to) or nearest.
How do you do it?

thanks Bobby. The buttons on new remote 54 are working fine for ota channels. As you taught me before, I always press 0 first. So, for channel 36-2 I press 0 3 6 2. And, it goes there. I was curious with voice command. I press and hold the mic button, say 'go to channel 209 (or tune to 209), google voice command changes channel to 209. I just don't know what to say for local ota channels. If I say 0362, it goes to 362 (if that channels exists and I am subscribed to) or nearest.
How do you do it?
As HipKat mentioned above, you don't because Voice doesn't work with OTA channels. Now, did you get your new remote working with the TV? Are you able to control volume and mute?

Yes Bobby, the new remote operates with tv. Actually, the same brand soundbar which is Vizio. It increases/ decreases volume and mutes it.
when I press power button on it both tv and Joey start. Then, I press up or down button on volume to start soundbar. When I quit watching I ignore sound bar. The light on it stays about 5 minutes and it shuts itself off.