Unable to pickup 101w

The strongest transponder on 101W is the NHK Japan mux on 12000 V 20000. It is full-time. Check lyngsat for more detail. Or find PBS on 99W then bump your dish just slightly toward the west. You shouldn't even have to change elevation to get some kind of signal from 101W, or maybe just lower elevation the slightest amount.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
The strongest transponder on 101W is the NHK Japan mux on 12000 V 20000. It is full-time. Check lyngsat for more detail. Or find PBS on 99W then bump your dish just slightly toward the west. You shouldn't even have to change elevation to get some kind of signal from 101W, or maybe just lower elevation the slightest amount.
whats the strongest c band transponder im unable to get ku band does 99w have c band channels

This is the setup

Attachments

• IMG_1363.jpeg
    IMG_1363.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1364.jpeg
    IMG_1364.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 68
We have no information to go on, you haven't told us anything about your setup. Where you are located, what receiver you have, how it's all hooked up, name of dish, what sort of lnb or lnbF you are using.

Also, have you EVER installed a system before?
I have never installed a system before I have no idea the name of the dish I have a titanium satellite LNB and a koquit receiver my location is Portville NY

You have to understand this is a forum of volunteers. This isn't customer service for big satellite dishes. Barking at us and making demands won't make anyone want to help you. This is a HOBBY. It takes time, research and effort. You can't just point a dish to the sky then complain "Why can't I receive anything."

There are really good tutorials here for setting up a system. Be patient!

Reactions: cyberham
You have to understand this is a forum of volunteers. This isn't customer service for big satellite dishes. Barking at us and making demands won't make anyone want to help you. This is a HOBBY. It takes time, research and effort. You can't just point a dish to the sky then complain "Why can't I receive anything."

There are really good tutorials here for setting up a system. Be patient!
I’m just wanting to know what could possibly be wrong because I didn’t just point the dish at the sky I lined it up using dish pointer.com

How come I can’t get a signal lock on it then
I don't know as of yet. There's a LOT of things that must be perfect, in order to do so. Please understand that the c-band signal is about the size of a PENCIL width. You MUST BE dead-on to do so. It's NOT the same thing as aiming a tv antenna just "sort-of" and getting some signal.

Give use some really GOOD photos of the dish MOUNT on the back. The azimuth and declination adjustments, etc. EVERYTHING. The more photos you can give us, the better for us to figure it out.

I don't know as of yet. There's a LOT of things that must be perfect, in order to do so. Please understand that the c-band signal is about the size of a PENCIL width. You MUST BE dead-on to do so. It's NOT the same thing as aiming a tv antenna just "sort-of" and getting some signal.

Give use some really GOOD photos of the dish MOUNT on the back. The azimuth and declination adjustments, etc. EVERYTHING. The more photos you can give us, the better for us to figure it out.
Ok I will send the ones I currently have I will take more when it’s light out unless it’s fine to just use a flashlight

Attachments

• IMG_1363.jpeg
    IMG_1363.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1364.jpeg
    IMG_1364.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 46
Ok I will send the ones I currently have I will take more when it’s light out unless it’s fine to just use a flashlight
Flashlight is fine, as long as the photos are lit up enough to get and idea of the settings. IF there's numbers and such, it would be good to be able to see them. Otherwise tomorrow with sun is good also.

Reactions: comfortably_numb