Unbiased Dish vs Direct Comparison

Is it the same on Dish and Direct ???? I have Dish---just migrated from Big Dish C-band. Rain fade is new to me.

Depends where you live and how rainy it gets.First have your alignment doublechecked,then try a bigger reflector?(dish).This would be my advice no matter who you have.Check with a local installer if rain fade gets so bad you can't stand it.
Good Luck!.:)

Es additional receiver fees are not competive at all with D.......

which makes me wonder what charlie was thinking??? espically given the 2 competitors have taken to beating each other up.

this weekend i may be visiting a friend with D if so i will give you a report.

he originally had E and canceled over the extra receiver fees

Depends where you live and how rainy it gets.First have your alignment doublechecked,then try a bigger reflector?(dish).This would be my advice no matter who you have.Check with a local installer if rain fade gets so bad you can't stand it.
Good Luck!.:)

THanks, local installer put it up 1000.2 I think for 110/119/129 Hd200 package. Storm showed up red on the radar/lightning. He had a bigger dish , but said if I bought it DISH monthly insurance plan would be void. They must tell him what to install ?? VIP 622 receiver:)

I have both.
Dish at home and Direct at the lake house.

I can't really compare prices because on Dish I have HD absolute.

I can say that the reason I didn't get Dish at the lake was because of the extra receiver fee's. The lake house has 7 guest bedrooms and I wanted each one to have its own receiver. When I first contacted Dish, they said they couldn't do it. Then a local installer came out and gave me a quote for 300 for installation and a monthly charge of close to 150 a month for the top 200 (no HD).
Direct gave me 1 HD receiver and 7 sd set top boxes for 79.00 a month with free installation and they used as much of the old installed cable as they could. Its just basic programming .

I do like Dishes menu and DVR better than Direct and I also think Dish's HD signal has less issues than Directs. The direct HD signal is way to inconsistent and I really get aggravated watching a show and the black areas become blocky. But for the price I won't complain. Besides at the lake no one actually watches the tv's except for news and weather or something to put them to sleep.

Direct also seems to have way more issues with billing. It seems like every month I have to call in and get something adjusted. Like a movie I didn't order or they charge a different price for service than they were suppose to. Thats really aggravating.

But to be honest.
If I didn't have Absolute on Dish or the cheap price on Direct?, I would drop both of them and go back to a regular antennae. My locals went from 6 stations before the HD switch to around 16 now and we now have a 24 hour news channel and a 24 hour weather channel.

THanks, local installer put it up 1000.2 I think for 110/119/129 Hd200 package. Storm showed up red on the radar/lightning. He had a bigger dish , but said if I bought it DISH monthly insurance plan would be void. They must tell him what to install ?? VIP 622 receiver:)

The only way then is to read Dish's Protection Plan and see what that says:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/legal/ServicePlan.pdf

It maybe a blessing because normally when you quit Dish they want their LNB back!.:eek:

You would have to weigh your options and go from there.Good Luck!:)

When it comes to standard definition programing both providers come up short with Dish a little less with more Premium Movie Services in standard definition Dish-39,DirecTV-31,and while I'm talking about Premium Movie Services Hey Dish! Where's my HBO Zone in MPEG2 SD!.:rant:

:confused: If it's available in HD, you can downgrade it to SD provided you have a HD capable receiver.

Things to complain about in the SD world are the missing Viacom music channels like MTV The Hits, The Gospel Music Channel, Jazz, VH1 Soul, etc. Complaining about a non-stretched HD channel (even a fake one like Logo) w/ no space wasting SD channel seems a bit rich.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts