Unbundle ESPN

I don't watch ESPN anyway, but I really object to being forced to pay for ESPN when they are showing "pit spitting" and "marble racing".

I'd do the flex pack, but some channels I do want aren't available.

If you don't watch it anyway, what difference does it make what they show? Besides...the crazy stuff was a one day thing they do now and then playing off the old "ESPN 8, The Ocho" joke.

Like others have said, plenty of channels I don't have any interest it and would prefer not to have in the packages, but a-la-carte isn't on this menu.

Well the thing is the carriage fee for ESPN is probably 5x as much as TLC or Hallmark channel, and once in a rarety of a moment while channel surfing I may find something of interest on those channels, but ESPN and it's other channels like ESPN NEWS etc.. I don't watch at all. So why should I be paying for it. I know this topic has been talked about for many years and Charlie is aware and doesn't like it either, but with Cord Cutting and Individual channels now being streamed it maybe time to just ditch ESPN or all of Satellite or Cable TV. So I'm just adding my piece of wood into the fire . That maybe if enough people say enough is enough then changes will happen.

Sent from my Non Apple Smartphone using the SatelliteGuys app.

I don't watch ESPN anyway, but I really object to being forced to pay for ESPN when they are showing "pit spitting" and "marble racing".

I'd do the flex pack, but some channels I do want aren't available.

It wont happen, unless all of the other ABC owned services like Disney, etc. go. Unfortunately most big media corporations own a lot of services and they sell them to Dish in a package. One for all and all for one.
Same thing here, I have looked at Flex, but I would lose too much to save a few bucks. Not worth it.

Reactions: HipKat
That's why I'm watching Orby TV

Orby is fine for those who like it, but again a loss of too many great channels to save a small amount for me. Cord Cutting is for some, but again many channels Dish has in AT250 are not offered streaming. Even to buy a nice large package via streaming for nearly as much as Dish, I would lose a lot of great channels.

Orby is fine for those who like it, but again a loss of too many great channels to save a small amount for me
I understand completely.. For me it was completely the opposite..I gained a lot of channels.I'm down to the flexpack with dish on a 211 and 222 at a price of $53.84 month..Orby 4 receivers (1DVR)at $54 month..I only watch college football and most the games are on OTA ..I gave up on all sports long time ago.. Nobody is worth the money they pay any sports figure and that's why the cost is so high

It wont happen, unless all of the other ABC owned services like Disney, etc. go. Unfortunately most big media corporations own a lot of services and they sell them to Dish in a package. One for all and all for one.
Same thing here, I have looked at Flex, but I would lose too much to save a few bucks. Not worth it.
Disney is the mothership, not ABC, they own it all.

I went with the flex pack JUST to get rid of ESPN, there are a few channels that I would like to have but they are not as important as getting rid of ESPN.
Yeah, I'm at least $50 lower now than I was with AT200, with only a handful of channels that I don't have access to.

It is simple. You want any ABC owned channel....you must carry ESPN in the most viewed package. Period. Disney owns ESPN and this is the way they sell the product.

The only way you get away from ESPN is to carry no ABC channels either. You can do that on streamer Fubo.

It's the way it is and the way it is going to be. Congress could change the rules, but they never have - and they are not going to.

It is simple. You want any ABC owned channel....you must carry ESPN in the most viewed package. Period. Disney owns ESPN and this is the way they sell the product.

The only way you get away from ESPN is to carry no ABC channels either. You can do that on streamer Fubo.

It's the way it is and the way it is going to be. Congress could change the rules, but they never have - and they are not going to.

They can keep all their trash channels. Congress should change the ownership rules...they were in place for decades and worked well until "deregulation" in the 90's destroyed media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts