Uncharted 2: Among Thieves release date confirmed

Ok so I've delved into MP a little bit. I mainly did co-op stuff, and while it was undeniably fun, just as with SP I had a few complaints.

First of all, how come there's a 3 player limit on Co-op stuff? Ok I can understand that being the case in Co-op objectives, but why not give more for the arena matches? Let's face it, this is basically Gears 2 "Horde" mode (with the inclusion of a treasure once in a while) but having only 3 players fighting wave after increasing wave seems extra unfair. Also, the whole "player being subdued" by the enemy is rather annoying. These guys can't figure out a way to get out of a rear choke without assistance from another person? In addition, I think it's VERY unfair that if a player drops from the match or if there's a technical difficulty that NONE of us get ANY credit for the accomplishments we legitimately got. And finally, why is it when I select to be "Chloe" as my character that I find myself being Nathan or Elena in various matches?

Overall though, these are obviously rather small complaints about what is a fairly robust multiplayer experience that can easily suck away hours of your time, and the purchasing of various upgrades does help with the variety a bit. However, there is one final complaint that I do NOT think is minor and I hope will be resolved in a patch or something, and that's the fact that nearly EVERY action is mapped to the Triangle button. This is okay in SP, but in MP where the weapon pickup, objective triggering, resuscitation, and surviving chokes are all mapped to Triangle, it just leads to weapon musical chairs. Quite often I'd be hitting the buttons to trigger an event and either I'd pick up a nearby weapon instead, or as soon as I was done I was still hitting the Triangle button and pick up a weapon that I didn't want to pick up. Again, an annoyance, not a deterrent.

Well I decided to try multiplayer again. And it worked! I played 3 matches in a row and then 2 more matches an hour later. No changes on my side so maybe they did some server work? Either way I'm happy as the multiplayer was fun to start. Look forward to some more MP once football is over today. :)

The golden crossbow makes fast work of those guys! Just takes a couple of grenades to get the first one, then you can steal his weapon and guard it with your life!
LMAO. I was getting it kicked royal for I don't know how long until my 8 year old told me to try that. He'd never played either. Humbling experience...humbling I tell ya.:)

Well I decided to try multiplayer again. And it worked! I played 3 matches in a row and then 2 more matches an hour later. No changes on my side so maybe they did some server work? Either way I'm happy as the multiplayer was fun to start. Look forward to some more MP once football is over today. :)
I think ND made some changes too. I noticed the ranks were a lot more evenly matched up. Also one co-op I got into was obviously screwing up and all the textures were missing. I kept dying and re-spawning with no chance of getting out of the way. I finally quit the game but was never penalized.

And finally, why is it when I select to be "Chloe" as my character that I find myself being Nathan or Elena in various matches?

I guess because they figure it would be weird for Chloe to be talking to herself in Co-op. In competitive you can have a whole team of Chloes.

Yahtzee has weighed in. Perhaps unsurprisingly his critiques of the game were pretty similar to my own, although he twisted the hatred valve a little more than I did (also unsurprising.)

[ame="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1078-Uncharted-2-Among-Thieves"]The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Uncharted 2: Among Thieves@@AMEPARAM@@videos/config/1078-34a3bf5f1e15774f1a8c9244ea927c42.js@@AMEPARAM@@1078@@AMEPARAM@@34a3bf5f1e15774f1a8c9244ea927c42[/ame]

I do agree with his line at the end though when he writes, "For the record, enemies laughing at you after you die has NEVER positively enhanced the gaming experience."

Last edited:
I haven't played much of the the online game. Just enough to get the 100% Trophies. There are additional medals, some in the single player game and a lot in the online that don't count as trophies.

Don't particularly care for the Deathmatchs. Maybe because I have such a low number of games I seem to be always getting killed and waitng to be reentered. The Cooperative games seemed fun.

I haven't played much of the the online game. Just enough to get the 100% Trophies. There are additional medals, some in the single player game and a lot in the online that don't count as trophies.

Don't particularly care for the Deathmatchs. Maybe because I have such a low number of games I seem to be always getting killed and waitng to be reentered. The Cooperative games seemed fun.

Congrats on your plat! I just jumped back into Uncharted 2 myself this weekend after taking a break to play the new Ratchet & Clank. Not to diminish your accomplishment, but I'm up to chapter 8 on Hard difficulty setting, and I'm just not finding it, well, hard, at least compared to the first Uncharted (except for finding a few treasures, that is). It makes me think I might actually have a shot at Crushing and the plat.

Speaking of which, it seems for me, the next trophy in order of difficulty after Crushing are the Steel Fist Expert and Bare Knuckle Expert. Where's the best place to get those in U2? In U1 I got them by finding enemies relatively spread out after the submarine scene early in the game and basically getting as many as I could in a row before I got killed, restarted, and then continued my streak until I reached 10. Will U2 let you do that or do you have to get all 10 without dying? Also, for Bare Knuckle Brawler, do you know if stealth kills count toward that?

Congrats on your plat! I just jumped back into Uncharted 2 myself this weekend after taking a break to play the new Ratchet & Clank. Not to diminish your accomplishment, but I'm up to chapter 8 on Hard difficulty setting, and I'm just not finding it, well, hard, at least compared to the first Uncharted (except for finding a few treasures, that is). It makes me think I might actually have a shot at Crushing and the plat.

Speaking of which, it seems for me, the next trophy in order of difficulty after Crushing are the Steel Fist Expert and Bare Knuckle Expert. Where's the best place to get those in U2? In U1 I got them by finding enemies relatively spread out after the submarine scene early in the game and basically getting as many as I could in a row before I got killed, restarted, and then continued my streak until I reached 10. Will U2 let you do that or do you have to get all 10 without dying? Also, for Bare Knuckle Brawler, do you know if stealth kills count toward that?

I've also found U2 easier (finished my Platinum last week), but I think that had as much to do with me having more experience this time around... although I don't think there were any "flooded room" moments in this one.

Steel Fist Expert was the toughest one for me to get - I did it on Chapter 4 - The Dig, starting right after the grenade "tutorial." Do it on Very Easy and just be careful not to shoot the guys too much because they will die very quickly. It also helps to buy and enable slow motion as well, that way you can make sure you're shooting them in the body rather than the head. Also make sure you don't get them from behind (stealth) as that doesn't work and will reset your 10-count.

Just have to play around with it for a while - it will likely take several tries.

For Bare Knuckle Brawler, I think any type of hand-to-hand kill will work.

Steel Fist Expert was the toughest one for me to get - I did it on Chapter 4 - The Dig, starting right after the grenade "tutorial." Do it on Very Easy and just be careful not to shoot the guys too much because they will die very quickly. It also helps to buy and enable slow motion as well, that way you can make sure you're shooting them in the body rather than the head. Also make sure you don't get them from behind (stealth) as that doesn't work and will reset your 10-count.

Just have to play around with it for a while - it will likely take several tries.

For Bare Knuckle Brawler, I think any type of hand-to-hand kill will work.

Thanks for the tips. So I take it dying resets both of those streaks unlike in U1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts