Uncharted 2: Among Thieves release date confirmed

I'm up to about the train part. So far I like the game much better than the first one (which in my opinion was a tad overrated.) Drake seems much more likable this time around than he did in the previous one, the graphics got a nice upgrade, and to me it just seems like a better experience. I haven't delved into MP yet because I typically make it a rule to not delve into MP until I finish up SP.

Is it just me, but
did anyone else find the part where you carry the cameraman to be completely unnecessary and unrealistic? Given how many times he was basically used as a bullet shield, how could it be believed that he would have lasted to get shot by the other guy instead?
Did that experience leave a bad taste in anyone else's mouth?

Nah, didn't even look at any single player upgrades yet. I got close to $500k in my wallet between SP and MP, and then spent a bunch of it on MP upgrades. Even after finishing the game on normal, most of the SP upgrades are still locked - all of the "tweaks" are locked, except for fast motion and some useless things like that.

On the other hand, the MP upgrades are also locked until you get to certain levels. I got "Revenge" early because of my GS pre-order, although I still had to pay for it ($135k, I think), but I'm just now getting a few other useful things available to buy.

I'm on level 14 so far on the MP, but finding it much harder to level up than it was in the demo because of the extra game types. I just played Plunder over and over again - that seems to be the best way to get cash quickly, especially if your team does well - but now I can go several games without even having a Plunder option to pick, instead having to play king of the hill and such.

It also doesn't help that I pretty much suck at MP - My kill/death ratio is like .85 or something like that... but I've had some good Plunder games - $12-$15k in one game...

Thanks for the tips and info. I'll just keep plugging away then. Have you tried co-op yet? Is that tied to the levelling up system at all and what did you think of the matchmaking? If I were to get matched up with some random people online, I would prefer they were at a similar skill level as me and not hardcore MP types who might get impatient with my co-op/MP noobishness. ;)

I'm up to about the train part. So far I like the game much better than the first one (which in my opinion was a tad overrated.) Drake seems much more likable this time around than he did in the previous one, the graphics got a nice upgrade, and to me it just seems like a better experience. I haven't delved into MP yet because I typically make it a rule to not delve into MP until I finish up SP.

Is it just me, but
did anyone else find the part where you carry the cameraman to be completely unnecessary and unrealistic? Given how many times he was basically used as a bullet shield, how could it be believed that he would have lasted to get shot by the other guy instead?
Did that experience leave a bad taste in anyone else's mouth?

It definitely wasn't my favorite part and could've been done better, but if I stopped to think about all the unrealistic aspects in U2 or any game for that matter, I think I would be forced to give up gaming altogether. ;)

It definitely wasn't my favorite part and could've been done better, but if I stopped to think about all the unrealistic aspects in U2 or any game for that matter, I think I would be forced to give up gaming altogether. ;)
Well in this game I'm not exactly expecting a great deal of "Realism", but even I have my limits... which is what prompted my reaction to that moment.

Well in this game I'm not exactly expecting a great deal of "Realism", but even I have my limits... which is what prompted my reaction to that moment.

I actually liked that part... the only part I sort of didn't like was the last boss battle - just seemed like a lot of random running around - I won't say more so as not to spoil...

Thanks for the tips and info. I'll just keep plugging away then. Have you tried co-op yet? Is that tied to the levelling up system at all and what did you think of the matchmaking? If I were to get matched up with some random people online, I would prefer they were at a similar skill level as me and not hardcore MP types who might get impatient with my co-op/MP noobishness. ;)

There is some type of trying by them to match people of similar skill levels, but it doesn't always work and I'm not sure if they use levels or some other stat that would be more appropriate (you can get high levels just by playing a lot).

For Co-op, though, you choose your difficulty level, so that should help to get you in with people of similar skill levels.

played through once and abot 1/2. like everyone said great game!! bit im not ready to say it was better then the first one, loved that one too!! thought the fighting ( with wepons) was better. the sound of some of the guns are better in 2. happy to play it!!

I only got to chapter 9 this weekend, and I concur, best gaming experience ever. From the opening platforming sequence and cut scenes, you know that this is going to be something special. My girlfriend, unfortunately, has a limited attention span for watching me play video games, though I might be able to pull her into playing herself sometime on the Very Easy difficulty setting.

Maybe it's partly because I played through U1 five times, but I'm finding the combat easier (playing on Normal) but locating treasures harder. I got 9 in the first two chapters and thought I was doing really well, and then in chapters 3-6 didn't find anything, though I scoured every nook and cranny and climbed every climbable. I thought my game was glitching until I picked up a few more in chs. 7-8.

I do have the ultimate cheat, however: the digital treasure map I got as a pre-order bonus from Amazon. It's an interactive map of each chapter and when you click on a treasure location, you get the video clip of Drake finding it, just like you see posted on YouTube for U1's treasures. Pretty handy and nicely done, much more than I expected as a pre-order freebee (file size is 772 MB). I will only use it as an absolute last resort (after I've gone through the game a couple times), and so far I've only experimented with it by checking out the first treasure I had already found. They could really make some $$ off this if they offer it as a buyable DLC, even though I'm sure the content will find its way to YouTube if it hasn't already. U2 will bring a lot of new people into the franchise, who might be drawn to something like this.

Edit: OK, turns out digital treasure map only gives you the location of the first six treasures. What a joke! Thanks for nothing Amazon!
Edit 2: So I complained to Amazon about their lame-o pre-order bonus and they threw me a 25% refund bone. Nice!

OK, so you got a 25% refund on the game because of this? If so who did you complain to? I'll take 25% off too! Thanks in advance.

OK, so you got a 25% refund on the game because of this? If so who did you complain to? I'll take 25% off too! Thanks in advance.

On U2 product page, I just clicked the link at the bottom to contact them via email, listed my order number, and expressed my disappointment in the treasure map based on misleading information that it would include all locations (certainly not a mere 6 out of 100). I also mentioned I had made my pre-order decision based in part on the TM, and I now may cancel pending pre-orders at Amazon out of concern they would be just as disappointing.

It might depend on the CSR you get and your "history" as a customer with them, so good luck.

There is some type of trying by them to match people of similar skill levels, but it doesn't always work and I'm not sure if they use levels or some other stat that would be more appropriate (you can get high levels just by playing a lot).

For Co-op, though, you choose your difficulty level, so that should help to get you in with people of similar skill levels.

Did a lot in co-op this past week, and especially this weekend (double cash!). One of the best gaming experiences I've had, and again, I say that as someone who has never done any kind of online multiplayer in the past.

It actually helped getting teamed with more experienced players: In co-op objective they helped get us through the mission so I could get my trophy :D (with less experienced players, we never made it through, even on Easy). In co-op survivor they helped get us into the higher rounds (7-9, as opposed to 4-5 with less experienced teammates.) Some of these guys held their ground even after two of us died. It was fun to watch and root for them to finish the round so we could all respawn for the next.

I am on chapter 7, I am really taking my time and enjoying this, oh and did my first couple rounds of serious multiplayer after 3 games I think I am a level 6 or 7, I love it!

I have now finished it on hard. I then went on a search for all the Treasures. I am now up to 100 and got the master treasure hunter. But it looks like there are 101 treasures again as I show up as missing one in the next to the last chapter. The are no treasures in the final chapter. I can't seem to spot that last treasure despite several tries through that chapter.

I have now finished it on hard. I then went on a search for all the Treasures. I am now up to 100 and got the master treasure hunter. But it looks like there are 101 treasures again as I show up as missing one in the next to the last chapter. The are no treasures in the final chapter. I can't seem to spot that last treasure despite several tries through that chapter.

Congrats! It looks like you got the Strange Relic (the 101st treasure), but are missing one of the other 100 treasures. When all else fails, there's always YouTube [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evem7FpeZTE]YouTube - Uncharted 2 Treasures 90-100 + Relic Guide Part 6[/ame]

or IGN: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Guide (Guides), Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Walkthrough - IGN
I feel no shame, personally, in consulting a walkthrough after I've spent way too much time searching for the last lousy treasure or two.

Congrats! It looks like you got the Strange Relic (the 101st treasure), but are missing one of the other 100 treasures. When all else fails, there's always YouTube YouTube - Uncharted 2 Treasures 90-100 + Relic Guide Part 6

or IGN: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Guide (Guides), Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Walkthrough - IGN
I feel no shame, personally, in consulting a walkthrough after I've spent way too much time searching for the last lousy treasure or two.
I used Youtube almost religiously when looking for COG tags in the Gears of War games..I'm still going through the SP now and am 4 or 5 chapters from the end and I think I have less than 30 treasures. To be fair, I'm not even actively looking for them.

I used Youtube almost religiously when looking for COG tags in the Gears of War games..I'm still going through the SP now and am 4 or 5 chapters from the end and I think I have less than 30 treasures. To be fair, I'm not even actively looking for them.

They're tougher to find in this game than in the first, IMO. In the first, you just had to pretty much scour the ground-level nooks and crannies (behind bushes, in dead spaces behind stairwells and furniture, on the edges of ledges, etc.). In this one...

many are well above ground level and physically impossible to reach so you now have to shoot at them to knock 'em down to ground level. Many others are attached to exterior wall surfaces and cliff faces and thus only visible if you risk falling to explore those areas.

I'm sure there are other sneaky ways they've been hidden that I have yet to discover as I'm still at 57 after one complete run through the game.

I am on chapter 7, I am really taking my time and enjoying this, oh and did my first couple rounds of serious multiplayer after 3 games I think I am a level 6 or 7, I love it!

Yeah, the first few levels go pretty quick, but once you get over level 10 it starts taking quite a bit longer to level up...

They're tougher to find in this game than in the first, IMO. In the first, you just had to pretty much scour the ground-level nooks and crannies (behind bushes, in dead spaces behind stairwells and furniture, on the edges of ledges, etc.). In this one...

many are well above ground level and physically impossible to reach so you now have to shoot at them to knock 'em down to ground level. Many others are attached to exterior wall surfaces and cliff faces and thus only visible if you risk falling to explore those areas.

I'm sure there are other sneaky ways they've been hidden that I have yet to discover as I'm still at 57 after one complete run through the game.

Agreed - many are much harder in this game than in the first. I'm on chapter 6 on Hard after finishing on Normal to enjoy the story (and then once on Easy, actually - my cousins came over last weekend and we went through the whole thing in two days - they had never played it, so we had to keep it enjoyable for them and get through so they could see the ending), and I think I'm just about at 60 treasures - I'm now resorting to the strategy guide (I bought this one, along with the first one, as much for the historical background as for the treasure locations) to find them level by level. I had 46, I think, after going through it on my own the first time - there were certain levels on which I just completely forgot to look, because I was having too much fun playing.

I wanted to get the treasures this time through so that I can just focus on getting through it when I head back for Crushing mode...

I'm not looking forward to the bullet-sponge "guardians" on Crushing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)