Uncomplete recording on both dvrs

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I have a 722 And a 211 and both recorders recorded only 8 and 9 minutes of one of my wife's soap operas. The weather was fine and neither recorder stated part of the program has been lost. They both just ended like the show was finished. Any ideas what is causng this. I checked the event schedule and both recordings show stopped at 1:07. Both show a 1 hour event scheduled. Is their any other diaghnostic tool on the dvrs. I looked back thruogh the schedule on previous events and only show one other recording that was stopped at 47 minutes into the show and that was another one of her soaps, but the noon one and it is the same on both dvrs. No one was home on either dates to stop the recordings. Let alone at the same time on two dvrs.

Last edited:
This actually happened to me yesterday (March 31) as well. Coincidentally on a soap opera my wife tapes... weird. I ended up with a 10 minute recording.

Both recordings were off of Dish locals and not OTA. First was 3/26 and second was 3/31 ABC at 1PM -1:07PM

I posted in the running bug thread about this same issue a week or so ago. My 722K has recorded 3 seperate programs that show fully recorded but end about 10 minutes into it. 2 were satellite and 1 was OTA. No rhyme or reason so I hard and soft rebooted to no avail (happened again). I chatted with dish and they basically said we're sorry but we may have another patch coming soon and if it does it again to let them know. That was today so I did a "clean sweep" of the timers and re-created them all. Now the waiting starts.

I had programs stop at 4:12+-1 min AM MDT/MST. I found that it was on the 61.5W satellite. Then I had both 61.5 and 129 connected. Dropped 61.5 and problem is gone--DPP44 selection is arbitrary. That was middle of the night (not your problem) and even had it happen on both 722s while I watched on a recording I really wanted. It did not reset--they just stopped.
-Ken

Is this another of the many software problems that Dish needs to fix on their (or Tivos) dvrs.

I have a 722 And a 211 and both recorders recorded only 8 and 9 minutes of one of my wife's soap operas. The weather was fine and neither recorder stated part of the program has been lost. They both just ended like the show was finished. Any ideas what is causng this. I checked the event schedule and both recordings show stopped at 1:07. Both show a 1 hour event scheduled. Is their any other diaghnostic tool on the dvrs. I looked back thruogh the schedule on previous events and only show one other recording that was stopped at 47 minutes into the show and that was another one of her soaps, but the noon one and it is the same on both dvrs. No one was home on either dates to stop the recordings. Let alone at the same time on two dvrs.
Did this happen to a soap on ABC?? I've reported this same issue to E* as it's periodcally happened for a few weeks now, usually on Wednesdays.....

The time it happened to ours was also an ABC soap on a Wednesday. Dish local (Albuquerque, NM), not OTA.

Last edited:
This has been happening to me a lot on DISH channels since the last update. Along with a couple other things that never happened before the last update.

Agreed! This past software update must be the culprit as I have had the 722K for about a year and the problems just started soon after the update.

It does it to my wife's soap opera on Wednesdays, too.

I wonder if the uplink changes have something to do with it - just a thought - maybe Digiblur could speak to that.

Agreed! This past software update must be the culprit as I have had the 722K for about a year and the problems just started soon after the update.

At last another believer. I have mentioned this in several other threads and immediately got shot down. I have had many strange things happen since the last update that even DISH has said they couldn't figure out. And I would not be surprised if more popped up.

Last edited:
It does it to my wife's soap opera on Wednesdays, too.

I wonder if the uplink changes have something to do with it - just a thought - maybe Digiblur could speak to that.

Both my incomplete recordings coincide with uplink reports in the uplink center (assuming that the times in there are Eastern). Maybe there is something to this?

Both my incomplete recordings coincide with uplink reports in the uplink center (assuming that the times in there are Eastern). Maybe there is something to this?

My wife mentioned her soap recording was cut short last Friday, too. I checked the uplink report and noticed there was activity on Friday.

This could be just a huge coincidence, but it sure seems odd.

Since I started this thread. The incomplete recordings has happened three more times. Always on both DVRs.

Last edited:
Here's a good one for ya. Recorded last night's NCAA final. Ended up with 35 one minute recordings and a 1:55 recording. From Sat local.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)