Understanding LyngSat charts...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trscott

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
Oregon
I understand some of the nomenclature on the LyngSat charts for each satellite, but there are some things that I don't understand.

1) What are the red capital letters in the fourth and fifth columns?
(variously: A, N, U, F)

2) There seem to be multiple programs for a single transponder channel for the DVB channels. I gather that this is some sort of multiplexing. What is:
a) SR - FEC (forward error correction?)
b) SID - VPID?
c) NID - TID (audio something...)?

I have a 4DTV system (DSR922 with VCRS, C/Ku LNBs, 12' dish, ala carte service from NPS). I think I should be able to decode an identifiable signal for anything that says NTSC, Digicipher, or VCxx. Would like to better understand all these codes on LyngSat.

Thanks!

trscott said:
I understand some of the nomenclature on the LyngSat charts for each satellite, but there are some things that I don't understand.

2) There seem to be multiple programs for a single transponder channel for the DVB channels. I gather that this is some sort of multiplexing. What is:
b) SID - VPID?

I have a 4DTV system (DSR922 with VCRS, C/Ku LNBs, 12' dish, ala carte service from NPS). I think I should be able to decode an identifiable signal for anything that says NTSC, Digicipher, or VCxx. Would like to better understand all these codes on LyngSat.

Thanks!

SR - Symbol Rate - important for digital

If it says NTSC , that transponder is analog . Otherwise it is digital .

Wyr

trscott said:

b) SID - VPID?

Thanks!

A= Address
N= Net Tv
U= Uplink Station
F= FTA
SR= Symbol Rate
FEC= Foward Error Correction
SID= System/Service ID(manufactor determind)
VPID= Video Program ID
NID= Network ID
TID= Transport ID

Programs in the US are NTSC regardless of Analogue or Digital, A or D is a Transmission packaging sceme...Analogue taking the back seat for quite some time now...

NTSC= Never Twice Same Color..
PAL= Peace At Last...

Last edited:
Uh - the BEAM colum is real important. If it is not NA (North America), CONUS (Continental US), USA, or something or those sorts that imply signals BEAMED to the USA, then those are also out as a rule; some Canadian or Mexico/Latin signals can overlap a bit. 4 digit tranponders are C and 5 digit are KU.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)