Unforgettable

Sooner or later CBS's strategy is going to fail cancelling shows that get good ratings...

Show like Cheers and Seinfeld wouldn't have stood a change at being renewed by CBS since it took them a couple years to develop the show and grow their audience. Heck, even veteran shows like Medium, Numb3rs and Boob Whisperer had very respectable ratings when CBS pulled the plug. So far CBS has been successful with this tactic...but it couldn't come back to bite them in the shorts.

Show like Cheers and Seinfeld wouldn't have stood a change at being renewed by CBS since it took them a couple years to develop the show and grow their audience. Heck, even veteran shows like Medium, Numb3rs and Boob Whisperer had very respectable ratings when CBS pulled the plug. So far CBS has been successful with this tactic...but it couldn't come back to bite them in the shorts.
Don't forget to add Friends to that list. Not that I was a big fan.

I'm sorry,but I bailed on Boob Whisperer when they killed the husband & then had his spirit inhabit someone else.

I'm sorry,but I bailed on Boob Whisperer when they killed the husband & then had his spirit inhabit someone else.

Yeah, that was crazy! I've heard of flashforwarding 3-months, 6-months or even a year. But to come back the next season with a 9-year old kid...well, that's just plain silly. Regardless, the ratings were still very good in her Friday night timeslot.

Medium, Numbers, and ghost whisperer all had large audiences to start but the ratings were declining toewards the end of their runs. And just like Unforgettable the audiences skewed older (with the exception of Ghost Whisperer) and CBS has the luxury of cancelling anything that does not pull in the ad dollars----which is what it is all about. The other nets are ina more precarious position and therefore are more tempted to keep a marginal performer in the key demos.

Well, maybe a three person cast of Poppy, Dylan and Jane can play all the supporting characters...sorta like a Money Python meets SNL minus the comedy. :eek:
Anyway, I was hoping they were brining it back to see if they could breath new life into the show (it has 9-10 million audience), but apparently they are just trying to bleed every penny out of the show until they find a mid-season replacement.

Well, maybe a three person cast of Poppy, Dylan and Jane can play all the supporting characters...sorta like a Money Python meets SNL minus the comedy. :eek:
Anyway, I was hoping they were brining it back to see if they could breath new life into the show (it has 9-10 million audience), but apparently they are just trying to bleed every penny out of the show until they find a mid-season replacement.

In other words kill it. WTF that sucks.

CBS has Unforgettable lined up to return on Sunday, July 28 at 9:00 p.m

Source

"Finally, CBS has Unforgettable lined up to return on Sunday, July 28 at 9:00 p.m. The drama stars Poppy Montgomery as a police detective with an extraordinary memory. It was cancelled and then un-cancelled by CBS and will be back this summer for its anticipated second season."

Yikes! I though the 2nd Season (return after being cancelled) would be show mid-season, but it's going to be a Summertime Series.

Source

"Finally, CBS has Unforgettable lined up to return on Sunday, July 28 at 9:00 p.m. The drama stars Poppy Montgomery as a police detective with an extraordinary memory. It was cancelled and then un-cancelled by CBS and will be back this summer for its anticipated second season."

Yikes! I though the 2nd Season (return after being cancelled) would be show mid-season, but it's going to be a Summertime Series.

Well, thats like 9 months away .... I doubt I'll pick it back up, even though I thought Poppy and Dylan were good.

Thats just TOOO long to be away and expect people to watch like it was yesterday ...

Well, thats like 9 months away .... I doubt I'll pick it back up, even though I thought Poppy and Dylan were good.

Thats just TOOO long to be away and expect people to watch like it was yesterday ...

The one positive aspect is there is so little new programming on the broadcast networks during the summer, and I doubt that I will be watching America's Got Talent with Howard, Howie and disgusting Vienna Sausage fingered Rosie O'Donnell judging the show.

The one positive aspect is there is so little new programming on the broadcast networks during the summer, and I doubt that I will be watching America's Got Talent with Howard, Howie and disgusting Vienna Sausage fingered Rosie O'Donnell judging the show.
No doubt poppy is so much nicer to look at. :D

poppy-montgomery-2-gm_l3.jpg

Stana Katic officially returning to Castle Season 8

Queen Latifah to Star as Bessie Smith in HBO Biopic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)