Unhappy D* cust without service!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks like I struck a nerve. Didn't mean to bunch all the installers into this. Sorry, I was just trying to get my point acrossed and Mike pushed a button.

Why can't the installers work with the costomer on where he wants the dish. The costomers has to do the gereral maintaining and so on! If it won't work put it on the flipping roof!

Looks as if I made an ass of myself to night. But you need to respect your elders! We aren't always wrong!

Us whiny brats are the reason you have a salary and why your stocks go up . Piss us off and watch how fast you stocks drop and how fast your shown the door to the real world of working for a living! Ask the tech that used to work for PrimeStar! O that's right there out of business!
Hey you can go work for att and install Uverse.

Doesn't take a degree to install dish's. Far as I know they're only high school entry level jobs!

Hey,
Why the slam on AT&T U-verse installers ?

vest-fl0010.jpg

yeah, i'm signing off this thread too... lets just say, I am really glad I dont install anywhere near CT.
Its PITA customers, that feel like they know more than the installer, that makes this job harder than it needs to be at times.
No, it isn't rocket science, but its not exactly flipping burgers either (which I did when I was a teenager... not slamming burger flippers ;) )
There is some skill involved in a professional install. There are some hacks out there, but there are some skill professionals as well. Hell, some of us are even certified ;) and in some areas we have to be low-voltage certified.
PITA customers don't pay my paycheck.... the 99% of the nice customers I have do. If a customer is too much of a PITA I walk from the job, and our office supports us.... They don't want to deal a customer that is going to call them every week with a new complaint either... a customer like that costs money, doesnt make money.

And final comments on the dish being on the roof or pole mount... there are reasons for both, but there was a comment about having to clean snow off. That is a valid concern, but in my experience on the edge of the roof is as good a place as a pole mount most of the time. You can clean snow off with a broom, a super-soaker full of de-icer, ect. You would be amazed how many times I have to go out to fix a pole mounted dish after someone hits it with the lawnmower, cuts the wire with a weedeater, the dog chews on the wire, some kid decided it would be fun to hang on the arm of the dish, some troublemaking neighborhood kid steals the lnb, or my favorite (just saw another one of these last friday), or someone gets drunk and runs over it on their way home from the bar (btw, it was a hughesnet dish and did some serious damage to both the dish and the truck)

good luck with your install, don't assume you know more than the installer, (you may, but you may not) ;)

And final comments on the dish being on the roof or pole mount... there are reasons for both, but there was a comment about having to clean snow off. That is a valid concern, but in my experience on the edge of the roof is as good a place as a pole mount most of the time. You can clean snow off with a broom, a super-soaker full of de-icer, ect. You would be amazed how many times I have to go out to fix a pole mounted dish after someone hits it with the lawnmower, cuts the wire with a weedeater, the dog chews on the wire, some kid decided it would be fun to hang on the arm of the dish, some troublemaking neighborhood kid steals the lnb, or my favorite (just saw another one of these last friday), or someone gets drunk and runs over it on their way home from the bar (btw, it was a hughesnet dish and did some serious damage to both the dish and the truck)

good luck with your install, don't assume you know more than the installer, (you may, but you may not) ;)

Thats what I was looking for, Valid reason's for the roof mount. You have some very good points. I am sure that one of the reasons is to keep the home owner from messing with the dish!

Maybe we can make some good of all this bickering. If it is best to go on the roof.

Are there any telescopic poles I could use to remove he snow?

Didn't mean to be a PITA- I should have asked for the reasons the installers prefered to roof mount. Tell me why it's best to put it there! I can listen to reason, But don't expect me to be force feed! Kinda felt like some kid at the counter was telling me to get chicken, When I wanted a cheese burger.

Thats all.
jet

Are there any telescopic poles I could use to remove he snow?
Home Depot sells several window washing/painting poles that extend to up to 23'. A small window washing mop, perhaps soaked in hot water, should take care of ice and snow without damaging surfaces.

The Super Soaker idea is always very popular if you have a "clear shot" from the ground.

Home Depot sells several window washing/painting poles that extend to up to 23'. A small window washing mop, perhaps soaked in hot water, should take care of ice and snow without damaging surfaces.

The Super Soaker idea is always very popular if you have a "clear shot" from the ground.

Never heard of the super soaker trick? Nabors would think I'm nuts(don't answer that!)

I don't think 23' will reach. The eve's are 30' from ground. But with a 6' step ladder and a some reaching. That may just do it! Dragging out the 30 footer sucks when theres a foot of snow on the ground. Damn near broke my neck one year with an ice jam in the gutter.

Uh?
This is a forum. That means you share your position with others. Something is wrong but we can't guess. You may even get a bill from Directv because they think your service is up and running.

What is going on?

Joe

Uh?
This is a forum. That means you share your position with others. Something is wrong but we can't guess. You may even get a bill from Directv because they think your service is up and running.

What is going on?

Joe

Joe, that worried me at first, But because there are no validated recievers on the account yet. I am not supposed to get billed yet. Well that is what a CSR rep said anyway.

Joe, that worried me at first, But because there are no validated recievers on the account yet. I am not supposed to get billed yet. Well that is what a CSR rep said anyway.
That part is correct.

But did an installer arrive? What did he do? Have they not sent anyone? What goes?

Joe

Something strange happened on my screen...........now there is an 8 page thread here!

I'll read and get back.

Joe

That part is correct.

But did an installer arrive? What did he do? Have they not sent anyone? What goes?

Joe

Ist installer showed 3 1/2 hrs. late. He didn't think there was a LOS. He called in for a SUP and left. He was having a bad day. It happens to all of us!

Sup arrived next day. He too was late, But he did explain that they had to fit me in. He found 2 locations for LOS. One on roof other for a pole mount. One on roof may have issue with 119 sat. Talked about 3 lnb dish. But no locals on the 2 SD rec. That is an issue, So he checked for the pole mount alternate location. Very nice gentleman.

2nd installer never showed, Due to bad weather! Office called and told us to reschedule with D*. I rescheduled for Sept 7th. Danny the Hurricane messed up the day.

I await the 3rd installer. I was just complaining because I thought it was taking to long. But I quess these things happen.

You would think that the install's that are put off would go to the front of the list. But after further revue. That would throw off there entire schedule. Making every install date late. And all customers wait. Why have everyone PO'd. Better to just have a few.

I think this covers it?

Ist installer showed 3 1/2 hrs. late. He didn't think there was a LOS. He called in for a SUP and left. He was having a bad day. It happens to all of us!

Sup arrived next day. He too was late, But he did explain that they had to fit me in. He found 2 locations for LOS. One on roof other for a pole mount. One on roof may have issue with 119 sat. Talked about 3 lnb dish. But no locals on the 2 SD rec. That is an issue, So he checked for the pole mount alternate location. Very nice gentleman.

2nd installer never showed, Due to bad weather! Office called and told us to reschedule with D*. I rescheduled for Sept 7th. Danny the Hurricane messed up the day.

I await the 3rd installer. I was just complaining because I thought it was taking to long. But I quess these things happen.

You would think that the install's that are put off would go to the front of the list. But after further revue. That would throw off there entire schedule. Making every install date late. And all customers wait. Why have everyone PO'd. Better to just have a few.

I think this covers it?

You are getting the feel for things,

The plus side is that once the DTV system is up and running it is pretty much bullet proof. The down side is.......the LOS (sine of sight) issue may come back every so often as the trees grow. The installation system is built so that heroes get screwed. The first tech probably could have done an installation but IF anything went wrong because of trees...the would take his money. So he left rather than take a chance.

So your job is back in the bin. Directv distances themselves from all this by saying the job is in the hands of a contractor.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)