Unhappy D* cust without service!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just did a self install and I only had to pay $99 for a 2nd HR23 HD Dvr (got 2, dish and all hardware needed).

If you really wanted to install yourself there are ways to aquire the equipment you need. Of course, it might cost a little more than free but, I guess that all depends of how bad you want it. If you don't mind me asking, why are you leaving E*?

I have the 3lnb Slimline. I was going through the 800 dtv #, and everytime we spoke with them (various csr's) they all said self install no problem. I ended up going to a local retailer/install shop to sign up and I walked out with everything that was needed, and qualified as a new customer. They even offerend to come out and peak the dish or help if needed. The 3 lnb was as easier or easier than any of the othe DTV?Dish system I have installed (all real easy) :) I like to do my own installs so that I can assure it is done how i like :)

This is why I like to do my own installs :)

same here :) i've never had a great experience with a D or E installer. my last experience was with a D installer. the way i figured it since D didn't charge me for the install,i was going to be heavily involved to get this right the 1st time. He watched me do most of the work. well worth it if you can. not everyone can do this for themselves.

I have the 3lnb Slimline. I was going through the 800 dtv #, and everytime we spoke with them (various csr's) they all said self install no problem. I ended up going to a local retailer/install shop to sign up and I walked out with everything that was needed, and qualified as a new customer. They even offerend to come out and peak the dish or help if needed. The 3 lnb was as easier or easier than any of the othe DTV?Dish system I have installed (all real easy) :) I like to do my own installs so that I can assure it is done how i like :)

Even if I did it wrong, I'd still feel better! I think my local installer is ratshack. I will have to inquire about the self install.

I would also like to get the ASL-1 for tuning. Just hope my cheesy meter works with it.

This is good to know, Thanks guys. This and a big bowl of chocolate ice cream and I feel great now!:up

:cool:

How did you get D* to send the hardware? Seems you need a master degree for them to do that.

Did you do a Slimline SWM 5lnb install?

btw, in a lot of areas, they will only install a swm lnb if it is more than 5 tuners on the job. hopefully that applies in your case or you may be bitching about something else.

That said, If there is LOS on the roof, and a customer request's a pole mount, it is chargeable... And, if LOS isn't clean enough for me, if I see a problem in the near future, i'm not doing the install.... I don't care how much the customer bitches and complains. It is my ass that will get charged back for the job when you start calling in complaining that your signal is dropping out.
Also, just cause you have Dish doesn't always mean Directv will work.... different satellites.

Even if I did it wrong, I'd still feel better! I think my local installer is ratshack. I will have to inquire about the self install.

I would also like to get the ASL-1 for tuning. Just hope my cheesy meter works with it.

This is good to know, Thanks guys. This and a big bowl of chocolate ice cream and I feel great now!:up

you don't really need the ASL-1, I have never taken mine out of the box. I use a dual channel master meter that I have used for 7 years now, and I can line up a SWM just fine.
Just make sure to line it up before you ever hook up a receiver, once you hook a receiver up the lnb goes into swm mode

btw, in a lot of areas, they will only install a swm lnb if it is more than 5 tuners on the job. hopefully that applies in your case or you may be bitching about something else.

That said, If there is LOS on the roof, and a customer request's a pole mount, it is chargeable... And, if LOS isn't clean enough for me, if I see a problem in the near future, i'm not doing the install.... I don't care how much the customer bitches and complains. It is my ass that will get charged back for the job when you start calling in complaining that your signal is dropping out.
Also, just cause you have Dish doesn't always mean Directv will work.... different satellites.
6 tuner 1HD dvr-1 SD DVR=4 plus 1 HD and 1 SD=6

The roof mount was iffy for 119 sat. Actually a clear shot the farther you go back in the yard. The sup agreed with it! much better shot from the back yard! He checked it twice.

Let me ask you this, After it snow heavy. And I call and b*tch. You might be the one scalling my 12x12 pitch roof. Doing the clean off! How would you feel?
Are you going to come and do the clean off?

PLEASE stay with *E - I own DTV stock.

Another high maintenance whiner from the "it's all about me" generation is exactly what DTV doesn't need.

I pity the poor bstrd that draws the really short straw for your install. You bug him to death while he is there, then he winds up not getting paid for a nit-pick TC.

PLEASE stay with *E - I own DTV stock.

Another high maintenance whiner from the "it's all about me" generation is exactly what DTV doesn't need.

I pity the poor bstrd that draws the really short straw for your install. You bug him to death while he is there, then he winds up not getting paid for a nit-pick TC.
Us whiny brats are the reason you have a salary and why your stocks go up . Piss us off and watch how fast you stocks drop and how fast your shown the door to the real world of working for a living! Ask the tech that used to work for PrimeStar! O that's right there out of business!
Hey you can go work for att and install Uverse.

Doesn't take a degree to install dish's. Far as I know they're only high school entry level jobs!

hehe

Attachments

• Yell.jpg
    Yell.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 144
jetman has the right attitude actually. installers should be doing what the CUSTOMER wants.

Us whiny brats are the reason you have a salary and why your stocks go up . Piss us off and watch how fast you stocks drop and how fast your shown the door to the real world of working for a living! Ask the tech that used to work for PrimeStar! O that's right there out of business!
Hey you can go work for att and install Uverse.

Doesn't take a degree to install dish's. Far as I know they're only high school entry level jobs!

You seem to assume that everyone who frequents technical boards like this one are folks that are beneath your "station" in life.

Son, I'm a retired military pilot - the only "salary" I draw is from you via my retirement (now ain't that a kick in your pants since you are paying for it - and my free medical care for life).

Sat stuff is my hobby, and I sometimes do pro-bono installs for a retailer friend when his guys are swamped (both D and E).

Take your biz wherever you want - litteraly no skin off any of my precious body parts - and I really believe that my stock in D is much better off without you as a sub.

You, sir, are the consumate PITA customer. With any luck and divine intervention, you may one day grow old or wise enough to understand.

In the meantime, do the world a favor - please do not procreate.

You seem to assume that everyone who frequents technical boards like this one are folks that are beneath your "station" in life.

Son, I'm a retired military pilot - the only "salary" I draw is from you via my retirement (now ain't that a kick in your pants since you are paying for it - and my free medical care for life).

Sat stuff is my hobby, and I sometimes do pro-bono installs for a retailer friend when his guys are swamped (both D and E).

Take your biz wherever you want - litteraly no skin off any of my precious body parts - and I really believe that my stock in D is much better off without you as a sub.

You, sir, are the consumate PITA customer. With any luck and divine intervention, you may one day grow old or wise enough to understand.

In the meantime, do the world a favor - please do not procreate.

+1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)