Unhappy D* cust without service!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jetman6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Northwestern CT.
Does anybody know a phone number I can call to snip at D*. Besides the 1-800 useless number they have on the website.

I signed up on 8/13/2009(I had a bad feeling on this date) and still don't have my install completed. Would have thought it wouldn't take this long! I am sure there are people that signed after me and have there's installed already.

:rant: I feel like this little guy! I wonder if D* reads these forums??? Hey D* I'm not happy here! This is taking too long for me! I have no patience as you can tell.

I am on my 3 reschedule and its a simple install too! I would type out the whole story, But the installers woundn't believe me!!! Worst than a damn soap on the tv!

Even the crappy cable service would be up and running by now! Guess they don't need my money just yet. O wait hey they charged my card for the equipment already. Hah I don't even have it yet! That aint right either! More to crab about!

jet

Last edited:
Everything is simple for those that don't have to make it work.

Uh, I installed my own E* stuff and It's works no problem. I would make the D* stuff work no problem either. D* won't send equipment. So I have to wait for there so called installer to show up! If some of you guys had a real job! we would have fired you by now!

Before you comment ask what my line of work is. You might be entrusting it to get to you next destination! Or maybe I'm an engineer designing what your installing you will never know. But I can install my own equipment just as good as you can. Definetly faster.

:rant: is over!

jet

If you really wanted to install yourself there are ways to aquire the equipment you need. Of course, it might cost a little more than free but, I guess that all depends of how bad you want it. If you don't mind me asking, why are you leaving E*?

I think I had to wait about 3 weeks for an installer to come out to the house last March. Guess there are a lot of cable subscribers switching over.

If you really wanted to install yourself there are ways to aquire the equipment you need. Of course, it might cost a little more than free but, I guess that all depends of how bad you want it. If you don't mind me asking, why are you leaving E*?

No YES network! Really thats it! I don't have any issues with E*. I am really easy to get along with. As long as there not stalling or giving me a run around.

I ordered my service 12 days before my buddy down the road. He has his and the install was a 4 roomer with only one cable to the living room pulled!

Sorry but the next installer that shows can thank his co workers for the I am not tipping you!

LOS, Don't think he saw the E* dish before he said it! 3 1/2 late to begin with! I missed a day of work to wait and help for nothing! I will leave out the personal issue's he was complaining about. But it was part of the soap opera!

The sup came (late again) the next day. Said the same thing right out of the van! LOS- Yes I snipped at him and dragged him out back. Pointed to the E* dish. He laughed! And then grabbed the ladder to hit the roof. I told him no roof mount. Where is the best spot for a pole mount! Sunday I went to HD and got the pole and dug my hole. Pole is all set and cemented in dead level too!

Today(I could have went to work for time and a half) was a no show (office called) due to the hurricane. Eh' last time I watched the weather it was downgraded to a tropical depression. Not even rainning now! WTF!

Sept 7th is labor day, I will be waiting for him/her on a holiday. I'll have that day off with pay! So no biggy for me I quess. At least I won't have to waste another vacation day or loose time and a half waiting! Just hope there on time!;)

Last edited:
Well, sounds like the first one you got might have just been looking to blow you off. But, I do believe that a pole mount is included in free basic installation but, you should have told D* that you wanted one when you ordered so that it would have been on the workorder so that the installer would be able to bring the proper things needed for your install.

Pole mount was on the original work order. Pretty sure thats why the 1st one dodged the job. Thats why I Asked the sup for best spot and put in the pole myself and still no install! It was on this work order too!

I will laugh when the next installer shows up with a pole! All I know is next time it snow's heavy, I won't have to drag the ladder out to clean the fluffy stuff of the dish. No fear of slipping on a ladder and braking my damn neck!

If they ever install it! Hey, I can always put my super dish on it and tell D* to stick it somewhere.

The saga continues. :eek:

Pole mount was on the original work order. Pretty sure thats why the 1st one dodged the job. Thats why I Asked the sup for best spot and put in the pole myself and still no install! It was on this work order too!

I will laugh when the next installer shows up with a pole! All I know is next time it snow's heavy, I won't have to drag the ladder out to clean the fluffy stuff of the dish. No fear of slipping on a ladder and braking my damn neck!

If they ever install it! Hey, I can always put my super dish on it and tell D* to stick it somewhere.

The saga continues. :eek:

What size pole did you install? If you are getting hd, then the one you got from Home Depot isn't the right size. What town are you in? Did you see my other post regarding the YES network?

Get transferred to retention, tell them you're canceling and going to Dish Network unless they will install by Wednesday.

What size pole did you install? If you are getting hd, then the one you got from Home Depot isn't the right size. What town are you in? Did you see my other post regarding the YES network?

I got a 10' peice of 1 1/2 rigid galv pipe schedule 40. OD is 1.915 just a little shy of 2".

I was lookinf for fence post. They didn't have 2' in stock only 1 5/8 and 2 3/8. Local lowes had nothing close except black iron!

There's usually a more detailed story behind failed installs and customers getting specific about how things should be done is a leading cause.

Pole mounts where they aren't required seems to be a very sore spot with DIRECTV. I had a coworker that demanded a pole mount (because the landlord didn't want the dish mounted on the home) and it took seven visits by the installation company over four weeks to get it done (he had to install two different poles on his own because the first location they recommended had no LOS).

Your experience is not unique and it is not defensible, but you should admit that it is somewhat extraordinary.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)