Unhappy Homeowner & Installer

I served on an HOA board as Architectural Committee Chairman, to protect myself. I've been thru the whole dish & OTA antenna business. Guess who the culprit was? :p

Laws vary somewhat in different jurisdictions. But generally, the most an HOA can do is place a lien against the property. Certain folks tend to ignore these, until it's time to sell. Then they discover it's time to pay up. Even had one guy try a shady sale at a cheap price to a relative. Thought he'd gotten away with it, until we were tipped off and notified the bank and realtors about the liens. Amazing how he suddenly had the money.

I simply do not believe that anyone's home can or will be taken away from them over HOA dues or fines. Ever. Anywhere. Period. If something like that happens, you can count on there being a lot more to the story.

BTW, here in Northern VA the courts tend to side with homeowners against HOAs.

Guess who moved to a home where there's no HOA? :p

- - - - -

Side note: We lived in a townhouse. I was speaking to my mother in law, saying, "Oh no, we'll be here another 15 or 20 years. We can't afford to move!" Seems my wife overheard me saying this, and immediately (& I mean immediately) began house hunting. Took a while. Had to sell almost everything to get the mortgage down to where we could afford it. But we're much happier where we live now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)